This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Whether you love her or hate her, it’s pretty clear that Meghan Markle has made waves in Kensington Palace and the fashion world, as she’s been known to break royal protocol. With her marriage to Prince Harry and joining the royal family, her style has certainly transformed, but she still incorporates her “pre-duchess” roots into her look. Therefore, her outfits are totally re-creatable. With a bit of patience and finding some great dupes, you can achieve the “Markle Look” too. To make this a bit easier, below are some great and affordable staple pieces that could have come right out of Meghan’s closet.

1.     Wool coat

(Photos: PA Images and Zara.com)

Meghan Markle tends to wear belted wool coats or trenches. The one pictured above is from Stella McCartney, retailed for $1,892, and is sold out. She wore this on a visit to Cardiff last year. I found a similar style on Zara for $219.

2.     Plaid blazer

(Photos: Getty Images and Express.com)

Personally, I really like Meghan’s take on a classic blazer. During the royal tour to Australia she wore a blazer from her friend and ultimate tennis queen, Serena Williams’ clothing line. While the original blazer, which sold for $145, is currently unavailable, you can purchase a similar one from Express for $76.80.

3.     White button down

(Photos: Getty Images and Target.com)

Meghan wore this lovely and crisp white button down from Misha Nonoo that retails for $185, during her first public outing with Prince Harry. You can purchase this exact top here. To save a bit of cash, I found a similar piece from Target for ONLY $19.99. We always love a good deal!

4.     Black wide-leg trousers

(Photos: Getty Images and Donnakaran.com)

Next up, we have a pair of black wide-leg trousers, otherwise known as “sailor pants” since they have buttons. She wore Veronica Beard, which retailed for $395, during her first official visit to Scotland in February 2018. I found a similar pair from DKNY that a cost $49.

5.     Frayed skinny jeans

(Photos: Getty Images and oldnavy.gap.com)

While attending the Invictus Games in 2017, making her first public appearance with Prince Harry, she wore Mother Denim frayed jeans, while currently sell for $228, here. A very similar and more wallet friendly option can be found at Old Navy, for $28.

6.   Little black dress

(Photos: Getty images and Lulus.com)

The ultimate wardrobe staple, a little black dress, is clearly a favorite for Meghan. She has been known to wear one on numerous occasions, usually opting for a midi length option. She wore Black Halo’s ‘Jackie-O’ dress to the Commonwealth women’s empowerment reception in April 2018. You can purchase the exact dress for $375, here. A similar option is available from Lulu’s and is currently on sale for $35.

I hope that this article can help you channel your inner duchess. All you need to do now is accessorize with a tiara and Prince Harry and you’ll be ready to move into Kensington Palace!

Hello! My name is Julia and I’m currently a senior at Adelphi University. I’m studying business management and one day I hope to own my own company. I’ve always loved to write and I’m super excited to be a part of the Her Campus team!