This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Midnight Madness definitely hyped us up for this year’s basketball season, which is why we couldn’t wait to talk with AU Panthers’ power forward and center. Being the tallest player on the team (6’10) doesn’t stop this campus celebrity from remaining grounded and humble. Meet #44, Manny Suarez!

Year: Junior

Major: Sports Management

Hometown: Cliffside Park, NJ

HC: How long have you been playing Basketball?

MS: I have been playing basketball for 9 years.

HC: Do you have a go-to song that you like listening to right before a game?

MS: No, but my go-to band is the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

HC: Do you have any pre-game rituals that you like to do?

MS: I just stop and ask my guardian angel to protect and help me succeed.

HC: How do you usually celebrate a big win?

MS: I go to my apartment, order Dominos and watch Netflix with my girlfriend on the couch.

HC: How’s your transition from Fordham to Adelphi been like?

MS: The transition has been great. I love the school, love the campus and I love my new team!

HC: What’s your favorite movie?

MS: S.W.A.T the 2003 movie

HC: What’s your favorite food?

MS: Mussels

HC: Who do you look up to/Who’s your inspiration?

MS: The person I look up to is my aunt, Lory Taormina, who sadly passed away on March 8,2015.

HC: What are your future goals/aspirations?

MS: My goal is to graduate with a Masters degree and explore my options in the sports field.

HC: If you weren’t a Basketball player, do you see yourself playing a different sport? If so, which one?

MS: If I wasn’t a basketball player, I would be a soccer player.

HC: What’s been the best piece of advice that you’ve ever received?

MS: The best advice I’ve ever received was: I am in control of my life so if I want to succeed in my life I have the ability to make that happen.

HC: Can you tell us a fun fact about yourself?

MS: I love playing chess for fun

You can catch Manny on the court at Adelphi’s next home game against Southern Connecticut State University on November 18 at 7:30PM!

Carolyn Garcia is a Junior at Adelphi University. She was part of the Her Campus High School Journalism and Publicity Ambassador program during her junior year of high school and that opportunity was what allowed her to discover her passion of writing for media. Since then, she's become a Social Media rep for Seventeen, a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista.com, a Campus rep for Rent the Runway, a contributor for TheDaily411.com, and a Campus Ambassador for CAMBIO #BUILTBYGIRLS She's now the publicity/social media coordinator for Her Campus Adelphi, which she couldn't be more excited about. If you're interested in becoming best friends with her, you should tell her you love Taylor Swift and Chocolate Mint Tea.
Hi HC readers! I am a senior at Adelphi University studying Communications with a concentration in Journalism. I am also a Marketing minor and am a member of various campus organizations. I will be serving as the HC Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Our chapter will keep you in the loop of all the Adelphi happenings along with college life articles written by the students for the students!   Check out our website to learn more about us and how you can become apart of the HC team at AU! Also, dont forget to check out our social media pages, also listed on the website. http://hercampusadelphi.weebly.com/