Kristen Coraggio ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Our campus celebrity is a concert and film junkie! While I walked with Kristen on campus, she stopped to wave at every person that passed by. Her energy and charmisma is infectious and she enjoys being involved in college. Someday Kristen hopes to work behind the scenes in the music industry or part of production for NBC’S Saturday Night Live. She is currently an intern for Stache Media, a division of Sony Music, where she helps to promote musicians and even gets to attend concerts as part of her work! Who wouldn’t love that? 

1. Year and Major? 

Junior, Communications with a concentration in Media Studies and a Marketing Minor.

2. 3 Fun Facts 

I am a twin, we actually dorm together on campus with our best friend. I am totally obsessed and in love with Sam Smith, that I actually cry listening to his music (I wish I were kidding). I am obsessed with music and UK artists. I’ve been to about 30 Concerts since my first one in 2009 and have seen over 60 artists perform live.

3. Who or What inspires you and why? 

Music definitely inspires me, for someone who loves film and television I found when I got invested in a show and binged the seasons so quickly that it just ends, there’s nothing more. But, with music, you can always replay a song, you can listen to an album which is a story and a journey within itself, the artist is always making more music that it never really ends; every song and album is a continuation of the last and they’re so raw and upfront about their feelings which makes people, who can’t express how they feel too well with words, turn to music. A song or a lyric can explain how you’ve felt in 30 seconds or 3 minutes than you can in a lifetime. It’s a universal language; it’s a language I can’t go a day without.

4. What are you involved in on campus? 

I am part of Relay for Life, AU Paws Radio, and Works In Progress.

5. If you could trade places with a professor for a day, who would it be, why, and what would you do?

If I could trade places with a professor for a day it would have to be Terrence Ross in the Communications department. I would choose him because no matter what is thrown at him he is never not smiling or finding a positive way to look at it. He makes even the most negative things into something positive or can make you laugh about it for a few minutes to get your mind off of it. He also believes that everyone is creative in their own way and nothing is ever wrong, it may be bent but never damaged or unusable when it comes to film. I think for the day I’d just want to see how his mind works and how he stays so positive and uplifting.

6. What are some of your hobbies? How long have you been doing them for? 

I used to be a stage manager and I’ve done that for 6 years but not anymore. I like editing and making films, which I’ve been doing for 5 years now. I love going to concerts even though they are so expensive, and buying things I don’t need or won’t wear/use which I’ve been doing since I was born basically with my parents money and now my own money.

7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time? 

In 10 years I am hoping to have a job I love and see as fun and not really work. I’m hoping to be working in the music industry not sure doing what yet, but something surrounding it. If not, I really want to work for SNL, the production aspect mostly anything behind the scenes.

8. What is one of your favorite childhood memories? 

One of my favorite childhood memories would probably be my first time going to Disney when I was in 5th grade. An older one would definitely be in the last few years when I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter twice, each time even better than the prior one.

9. How would your friends describe you?

My friends would describe me as “having a big heart and soul”, “ridiculously sarcastic”, “oversensitive”, “cares about everyone”, “always making people laugh”.

10. 3 bucket list goals/dreams! 

Meet Sam Smith and Mumford & Sons

Visit Ireland (I love the accents!)

Be the best version of myself

Hi HC readers! I am a senior at Adelphi University studying Communications with a concentration in Journalism. I am also a Marketing minor and am a member of various campus organizations. I will be serving as the HC Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Our chapter will keep you in the loop of all the Adelphi happenings along with college life articles written by the students for the students!   Check out our website to learn more about us and how you can become apart of the HC team at AU! Also, dont forget to check out our social media pages, also listed on the website. http://hercampusadelphi.weebly.com/