This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Kendell is a very well-known freshman at Adelphi. He has a knack for leading and helping those around him. While his celebrity status is partly due to his outgoing personality and his goal to be friends with everyone on campus, he also immerses himself into nearly every opportunity offered here at Adelphi. After achieving all of this in merely one year, Kendell is destined to excel and do great things in his future.

Q: Where’s your favorite place to hang out at Adelphi?

A: On campus probably the Quad.

Q: Why did you choose Adelphi?

A: It was close to home. It had a major that I could resonate with, and when I got here for orientation, I saw the community here at Adelphi and I loved it. I wanted to embrace it.

Q: So what is your major here at Adelphi?

A: I’m a computer and management information systems major.

Q: What is it like having that as a major? How are your classes?

A: The classes are very work oriented, and I’m working on getting the requirements out of the way right now. The classes are straightforward and to the point. I like it. There’s a good sense of community within the major.

Q: And outside of your major, what kind of activities are you involved in on campus?

A: Ballroom dance club, Spanish club, Waldo Hall Council president and the Pi Lambda fraternity.

Q: Which one is your favorite?

A: I would say ballroom dance club. I took ballroom classes when I was a kid but stopped in fifth grade. I’ve always loved music, though, and I wanted to get back into it in college.

Q: How do you like your fraternity?

A: It’s great. I definitely changed my perspective on Greek life, and I love the community that the fraternities and sororities have.

Q: Do you have a life motto that you live by?

A: It’s kind of cheesy, but “With great power comes great responsibility.” I always feel like if you have the power to do something, whether it’s with wealth or power, it’s your responsibility to help. 

Q: What’s your favorite food?

A: Apple pie.

Q: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

A: Hawaii. I’ve never been there, but I’ve always wanted to go.

Q:  What are your plans for next year so far?

A: I’m going to try to get a triple in Earle with two other guys. One of them is my roommate right now. I love my roommates; we might not always look like we get along great, but they’re like brothers to me. I would never want to commute. There are so many things to do here that I can get involved in, and I get to know so many people from living in Waldo. I love all of the opportunities Adelphi offers for students here. College is really what you make of it.

Freshman acting major at Adelphi University :)
Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Natalie is a sophomore at Adelphi University where she studies Acting and English passionately. In between her studies, she enjoys jam-packing her schedule through writing for contentBase.co, holding a chair position on the Student Activities Board and shining on the stage in school productions. She loves cats, coffee, fashion and music almost as much as she does writing. Her goal as a journalist is to inspire as many ambitious, young people, like herself, to make the most of their lives as possible.