This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Karla Hernandez

Class of 2016

Major(s): English and Psychology, Levermore Global Scholars Program

• Fun facts

Fun facts about me are: BBQ flavored chicken wings are my favorite food and I intern for the Peace Corps

•  Who or What inspires you and why? 

I find it pretty easy to find something admirable about everyone I meet. The people who have been major influences and guiding forces in my life have been my grandmother, mother, and older sister. They are perfect examples of strong, intelligent, and kind people that are extremely selfless. 

• What are you involved in on campus? 

On campus, I currently am a Senior Ambassador in the Office of Admissions, Co- Leader of the I Am That Girl: Nassau County Chapter, Senior Class President, sister of Delta Phi Epsilon, a Resident Assistant, and I have been an Orientation Leader in the past.  

• If you could trade places with a professor for a day, who would it be, why, and what would you do?

If I could trade places with one professor for a day, it would probably be Professor Bryzzheva, She taught one of the best classes I’ve ever taken, Intro to Philosophy of Education. She is all around such a caring and passionate individual. If I were her for a day I would totally drink all the tea in her office.  

•  What are some of your hobbies? How long have you been doing them for? 

Some of my hobbies include reading, writing, SLEEPING, travelling, and adventuring. My older siblings are pretty active and adventurous, so it rubbed off a lot on me. 

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years time? 

In ten years, I hope to be living in a large city somewhere in the world doing something I love. I don’t know where I’d like to live or what I would like to do yet, but I really love helping other people so I hope that my future career is revolved around that.  

•  What is one of your favorite childhood memories? 

Most of my favorite childhood memories revolve around vacationing with my family in different places. We’ve spent our summers travelling to California, Arizona, Costa Rica, and Ecuador. One of the coolest things I did as a kid was go zip-lining through the rainforest in Costa Rica. I was the youngest person in my group at the time so I was really scared to do it but pretended like I wasn’t because I wanted to seem cool. Best experience ever. 

•  How would your friends describe you?

I guess my friends would describe me as passionate, a leader, and hungry (Sidenote: I asked a friend for help with this). 

• 3 bucket list goals/dreams!  

Three of my bucket list goals/dreams: Travel the world, participate in Bike and Build (which is an organization that travels cross-country via bicycle and builds houses along the way), and to meet Nick Jonas. 

Hi HC readers! I am a senior at Adelphi University studying Communications with a concentration in Journalism. I am also a Marketing minor and am a member of various campus organizations. I will be serving as the HC Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Our chapter will keep you in the loop of all the Adelphi happenings along with college life articles written by the students for the students!   Check out our website to learn more about us and how you can become apart of the HC team at AU! Also, dont forget to check out our social media pages, also listed on the website. http://hercampusadelphi.weebly.com/