Just When You Thought Donald Trump Couldn’t get any Worse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

In a hot mic

Trump and Bush also discussed the appearance of former Entertainment Tonight anchor Nancy O’Dell, admitting that he tried to have sex with her while she was married. “I moved on her, I failed. I’ll admit that. I did try and f**k her, she was married… I moved on her like a b***h, but I couldn’t get there, and she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.”

When speaking about how he “moves on” women, Trump bragged that the key is to “grab them by the p***y.” The recording, which was released by the Washington Post just before last week’s presidential debate, ends with the pair exiting the bus and asking Zucker for hugs. In response to the clip, Trump said of his comments, “This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago.”

At the town hall style debate, moderator Anderson Cooper asked Trump to respond to the the fact that his comments admitted to condoning and committing sexual assault, but in true Trump fashion, the candidate responded to those allegations (after interrupting Cooper several times) by saying that former president Bill Clinton has done far worse to a number of women in the past, especially during his presidency.

The thing to remember here is that Bill Clinton isn’t running for president; Hillary is.

Numerous posts on social media have spawned from this misstep in the Trump campaign, including double standards evident between Trump and Bill Cosby, and questioning the impact of Trump’s words on the youth of America.

Regardless of whether this information merely grossed you out, or it made you fear for the future of America, the most important thing to take away from this situation is this: you need to vote. No matter how you feel about Trump, Clinton, or any other candidate in the running, you need to vote if you want to see things go your way–or just to avoid political disaster. Election day is November 8th, so check your state’s registration deadlines, absentee request deadlines, and polling place locations near you in advance!

Hi, I'm Alexis! I'm a senior Communications major with a journalism concentration, and I'm an editor and campus co-coordinator for our Adelphi chapter of Her Campus! After graduating, I hope to write for news organizations that cover important social and humanitarian issues in our political sphere and in the global community. Other than writing, I enjoy reading, napping, and sightseeing. One fun fact about me is that I'm left-handed, which means I'm more likely to become President! I mainly write political content relating to the most current issues facing our country and the world.