person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

The Insta-Trend: What’s Hot on The Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Curious to see what are the latest, hottest trends on the market today? Well, you are in luck! Even though a hot item can lose its steam, it doesn’t mean we are not eager to jump on the bandwagon as soon as it hits the shelves. These must-haves below are what’s trending now, from your college campus to your Insta-feed!

Adidas  

From clothing to sneakers to crossbody bags, Adidas is LIFE! Just about every college student I have come across in the last few weeks were wearing at least one or two items from Adidas. This was the first brand I decided to jump on to ring in 2019 and bought the Adidas Originals Superstar Sneakers. Best. Sneakers. EVER.

Fila Disruptor 2 Sneakers

Chunky, platform sneakers are HOT! These sneakers have received plenty of attention as of late (a new, trending Meme btw) and are almost always sold-out on the Fila website. While these huge sneakers may be considered a joke, especially for a short girl like me, it’s hard to not want to try on a pair! Yes, it is often said that bigger is not always better… but for the Fila Disruptor 2 Sneakers, it is!

Fjallraven Kanken Backpack

These durable and trendy backpacks are EVERYWHERE! Fjallraven carries a variety of backpacks with different colors and sizes. However, the Kanken Backpack in particular is perfect for the minimalist (due to its small size) and helps prevent back pain you may have experienced with other backpacks. From a camping trip to college, its versatility is worth the purchase!

GUCCI Belt

While the luxury brand GUCCI may not be the most feasible option for a broke-ass college student, Gucci does put the “G” in GORGEOUS! Their Double-G Belts have been one of the hottest fashion trends on Instagram. Even Stranger Things Actress Millie Bobby Brown was caught sporting one! While the holidays may be a long way off, there is no problem with starting your Wishlist early!

Kylie Cosmetics by Kylie Jenner  

Now, you may already be well-aware about the FRENZY Kylie Jenner has created with her makeup collection. So, what’s the hype all about? While you and I may not be a self-made billionaire by 20 years old, we can sure as hell look like one! From lip kits to eyeshadow palettes, Kylie Cosmetics has it all. Not to mention the beautiful, vibrant colors that will get you in the springtime mood. Bonus: It’s cruelty-free and not tested on animals!

Now that you know what’s hot and trending on your college campus, you can splurge on payday or avoid the craze entirely and wait for the next trend to come along and steal your heart (and your money)!

Hi! My name is Kerri Hayman and I am an undergraduate student at Adelphi University. My passion for writing lies within the lines of my poetry. I truly believe that when spoken word fails, written word speaks. Writing has allowed me to open a creative door for others to venture through and to relate on a personal level. Through struggles and triumphs, writing has become an artistic outlet for me to express my creative self!