I’m Going on a Picnic and I’m Bringing…..

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Everyone knows the classic kids game “I’m Going on a Picnic.” It was one of our favorite road trip games growing up. I could go hours and several rounds of the alphabet listing ridiculous items I might put in my picnic basket. But why not actually revisit your favorite childhood game and actually go on a picnic? Spring is the perfect time to go on a picnic. The weather’s just warm enough, there’s nice breezes, and there’s flowers everywhere. Her Campus Adelphi is here to help you play your favorite game with a college spin and pack what you need for a perfect collegiette picnic.

I’m going on a picnic and I’m bringing…

A- AZO Cranberry Gummies

What kills picnic more than not feeling like you’re in perfect health? These gummies help provide urinary track health. 

B- Basket

You’re going to need something to bring all of these goodies in! Whether it’s a classic picnic basket or a tote like the Vera Bradley Ella Watercolor Tote.

C- Camera

What better time to have a fabulous, atmospheric photoshoot with your friends, loved ones or even self selfie style than a spring picnic?

D- Drinks 

Picnics are perfect to try out fun, flavorful drinks. Lemonade and iced tea are classic picnic beverages. We found a fun twist to put on each of them with these two recipes:

Watermelon lemonade: http://www.cookingclassy.com/2015/05/watermelon-lemonade/

Easy Peach Iced Tea: http://www.passionforsavings.com/easy-peach-tea-recipe/

E- Eating Utensils

It’s very difficult to have fun at a picnic if you can’t enjoy the amazing food you brought! Don’t forget one of the most essential parts of a meal—forks, spoons, and knives (maybe sporks if you’re feeling extra fancy)!

F- Fashion-Forward Sundress

One of the best parts of spring weather is the chance to break out your sundress collection. While enjoying your adorable picnic, you might as well look adorable too!

G- Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Sandwiches

Sandwiches make the perfect picnic meals! Find out how to make this super yummy and filling Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Sandwich. If that’s not your thing, check out more easy to make sandwiches here.

H- Hand Sanitizer

While picnics are fun, the outdoors aspect of them can get a little dirty. Be sure to always have some hand sanitizer on hand before digging into your amazing meals.

I- Ice Packs

You’re going to want your food to stay amazing all day. If you plan on enjoying the nature around you, reading, or playing games—you’ll want something to keep it fresh in the meantime

J- Journal

Sometimes it’s nice to just have time to yourself with some great food and spring weather—and that’s totally fine! Let your introspective side out and catch up with your thoughts with a journal.

K- Kiss Mints

Maybe you want your picnic date to be a picnic date. Make sure to bring the mints so the aftertaste of egg salad doesn’t get in the way!

L- Liquid Ultrafine Eyeliner

These fun Milani liquid eyeliners ad a fun splash of color to your look that fits perfectly with the spirit of Spring.

M- Mason Jar meals

The easiest way to pack full-course meals on a picnic is by mason jars! Check out amazing recipes made specifically for mason jars here!

N- Napkins

Need I say anymore?

O- Outdoors Activities Equipment

While you’re enjoy the perfect Spring weather, you might as well take the opportunity to go on a bike ride or play a game of soccer.

P- Pens

Specifically Her Campus’s adorable pink maze pen. One of my favorite things to do when I’m hanging out with friends–inside or outside– is to play simple games (like this one!) You can always start a game of dots or tic tac toe or even bring a Sudoku puzzle to complete together.

Q- Question games

Speaking of games, some of my favorite games to play are question games like “Would You Rather…” or “Never Have I Ever…”. Bring these games to the picnic to get to know your friends on a whole new level

R- Reading materials

If you’re taking this picnic date as a “you” day, make sure you bring your favorite book to catch up on!

S- Sunglasses and Sunscreen

It’s easy to forget how damaging spending hours in the sun can be. Make sure to stay protected!

T- Taco Pasta Salad

What’s a good picnic without pasta salad? Try out this super unique Taco Pasta Salad!

U- Umbrella

Unfortunately, sometimes the weather doesn’t always go as planned. In order to keep your getaway as dry as possible, bring an umbrella for safe measures!

V- Volumizing shampoo and conditioner

Ok, so, this one might be a “pre-picnic” item. But nothing feels better than when your is at its healthiest and fullest blowing in the wind on a nice spring day. Anything that gets us one step closer to feeling like a Victoria’s Secret model at a photoshoot, right? Tressmme’s Beauty-full Shampoo and Conditioner will do just that!

W- Wristlet

Wristlets are great for keeping everything you need in one spot. You can pick up some last minute snacks or attach your keys to it and drive around to find the perfect picnic spot. Additionally, this Vera Bradley wristlet will amp up your style game twenty points.

X- “X”cellent Friends

I know that I’m cheating, but I think it can slide because the people truly make the picnic. It can be a relaxing and bonding experience when shared with the right people.

Y- Yoga mat

Yoga mats have a 2-in-1 purpose. They can serve as the perfect picnic blanket. Then when you’re done eating, you can enjoy your peaceful surroundings and practice some yoga.

Z- Ziplock Bags

Make sure to pack these for the smaller snacks like trail mix.

Enjoy your picnic and the rest of your springtime fun, collegiettes!

Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Natalie is a sophomore at Adelphi University where she studies Acting and English passionately. In between her studies, she enjoys jam-packing her schedule through writing for contentBase.co, holding a chair position on the Student Activities Board and shining on the stage in school productions. She loves cats, coffee, fashion and music almost as much as she does writing. Her goal as a journalist is to inspire as many ambitious, young people, like herself, to make the most of their lives as possible.