How To Host the Perfect Oscar Night Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Prepare Lots Of Snacks

The Oscars are like the super bowl for movie lovers, and what kind of super bowl party doesn’t include great snacks? Be sure to include the finger foods, chips and dip, and some great drinks.

Decorate Accordingly

Make clapboard coasters, hang up movie posters, use movie themed plates, napkins, and cups. Basically, get creative! When decorating with a theme in mind, there are endless possibilities.

Vote

Everyone has his or her preferences. Have you and your friends vote on a sheet of paper on which people and movies they think will win awards, and see who wins at the end of the night! 

Play Games

Write the names of movies, and actors that were nominated, and play a guessing game where each person picks a card, holds it on their forehead, and has to guess who or what it is, by what their friends describe to them.

Take A Lot of Photos

Get a fake Oscar and pretend to be on the red carpet posing with your “winnings,” or just simply pose with some friends. 

Melissa is a journalism student at Adelphi University, and hopes to one day write for magazines and/various media types.