Life > Experiences

How to Host A Galentine’s Day Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

It is often said you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your Prince. So, what if your Prince doesn’t arrive in time for Valentine’s Day this year? No need to stress, your gal pals are here to make this Galentine’s Day the best one yet! Check out a few ideas below on how to host a fun and memorable Galentine’s Day party.

Junk Food Movie Night

Yes, you get a pass on Galentine’s Day to indulge in all of your favorite guilty pleasures. From a Big Mac to Chick-fil-A Heart Chicken Nuggets, grab your girls and hit the drive-thru before you have a movie night together. Your heart (and arteries) will forgive you later.

DIY Craft: Valentine’s Day Mason Jar

Not only are these DIY crafts an aesthetic piece to put in your room, but can hold a ton of delicious Hershey kisses (or any candy of your choice) for the perfect pick me up during the week!

Secret Valentine

Move over, Secret Santa! Share the love of gift-giving with your girls. Pick a name out of a hat with all of your friends and see who your Secret Valentine will be this year. You can never go wrong with inexpensive gifts from Victoria’s Secret PINK or LUSH!

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Jello Shots

What is better than jello shots? Chocolate covered strawberry jello shots of course! This delectable treat will be a hit not only at your Galentine’s Day party but at all of your gatherings year-round. Check out the simple recipe here.

Rosé All Day (and Night)

Finished your junk food of choice but not into jello shots? Have a wine-tasting option for your girls instead! There is a variety of Rosé wines to choose from, so no one goes home without a special treat! For the minor in the room or the girl who is not into alcoholic drinks, check out these delicious Champagne Gummies from Sugarfina!

With these ideas in mind, you and your girls will be in for the best Galentine’s Day yet! So, don’t bother waiting for your Prince to come around this Galentine’s Day… he can wait another year (or two)!

Hi! My name is Kerri Hayman and I am an undergraduate student at Adelphi University. My passion for writing lies within the lines of my poetry. I truly believe that when spoken word fails, written word speaks. Writing has allowed me to open a creative door for others to venture through and to relate on a personal level. Through struggles and triumphs, writing has become an artistic outlet for me to express my creative self!