How to Host An Epic “Game of Thrones” Season 8 Watch Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

HBO’s Game of Thrones Season 8 is less than a month away, which means it’s time to start planning your most epic GOT watch party yet. Remember, this is the final season of GOT, so it’s either go big or go home (who do you think will win the Iron Throne?) Here are a few fun ideas to get the party started!

GOT Cosplay

Who says Comic-Con is the only time of the year you can cosplay? There is no better time to show off your epic GOT cosplay, whether it’s beloved Daenerys Targaryen or Jon Snow, than on premiere night! Take a step beyond the wall: Whoever wins the Cosplay Contest, wins a GOT raffle!

GOT Raffles

From t-shirts to Funko Pop! Vinyl figures, HBO’s online merchandise store has plenty of items that any GOT fan would love to add to their collection. Check out the collection here.

GOT Wine

If you’re an avid fan of GOT like me, you know wine appears in just about every episode. So make your friends feel as royal as the Lannisters with GOT Chardonnay and or Red Blend wine to name a few. Cersei Lannister approves of this message.

GOT Oreos

So, apparently in the U.K. they are selling Chocolate GOT Dragon Eggs. How cool is that?! But if you’re in the United States like me you’ll just have to settle for limited edition GOT Oreos. Who doesn’t love Oreos?!

What Do You Meme? GOT Expansion Pack

No time for Monopoly? No problem! The adult party game What Do You Meme? is perfect for your meme-loving friends. Just like the good old days of Cards Against Humanity, this card game will have your crew laughing all night long. Get the GOT expansion pack here.

Psst…

Who says the hosts can’t treat themselves to a few GOT goodies? Check out the new Adidas x Game of Thrones Ultraboost Collection here. Please, TAKE MY MONEY!

So now that you have a few, fun ideas in mind to get the party started, your crew will be more than ready to face the final season of GOT. GOT Season 8 premieres on HBO April 14th at 9:00pm.

Hi! My name is Kerri Hayman and I am an undergraduate student at Adelphi University. My passion for writing lies within the lines of my poetry. I truly believe that when spoken word fails, written word speaks. Writing has allowed me to open a creative door for others to venture through and to relate on a personal level. Through struggles and triumphs, writing has become an artistic outlet for me to express my creative self!