HC Adelphi Takes College Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

On October 11th (Windsor’s birthday!), some members of Her Campus Adelphi had the privilege of attending College Fashion Week NYC! College Fashion Week is a fashion show for college girls that tours across the country. Every day college girls model fashions from the wildly popular UK brand boohoo. These fashions are chic, yet affordable—perfect for us collegiettes!

This event was held at Santos Party House—the perfect venue in my opinion!

Our very own HC Adelphi writer Sarah Lawson modeled for the show! She had to arrive early to get her hair, makeup, and eyebrows done up before strutting her stuff on the runway. (which she did fabulously by the way!)

Doors opened at 6PM. Guests were greeted with a swag bag filled with goodies from boohoo, TRESemme, and bareMinerals, a coupon for free bareMinerals foundation, and all the LUNA Bars you could ever ask for (trust me, we all took about seven!)

Located downstairs were the photobooth, TRESemme hair styling station, nail painting station, and LinkedIn headshot photographer—we made sure to check out them all!

European Wax Center provided a free eyebrow shaping station on the main level. I definitely took advantage of that!

The fashion show began at 8PM. I took my seat in the first row of the VIP section. What an honor to sit around such trendy, beautiful women!

Singer Nicole DaRosa performed as the opener. She power-belted covers of Alicia Keys and Rita Ora

Then Olivia and her crew followed her up with a hip hop song and dance routine. They killed it!

All of the designs were from a wildly successful online fashion company called boohoo. The first line-up they featured was called “Imperial.” These fashions were made up of urban, military chic elements. Stand out items to me were the Sian Playsuit, Harriet Jacket, Millie Jumpsuit, and Deana Jogger.    

Next was one of my personal favorite parts of the show. Columbia Sharp performed “Whatcha Say” and “All of Me”—color me impressed! They had everyone in the audience sighing and swooning!

The second lineup featured in the show was called “Brooklyn Princess.” The style of these clothes put a girly spin on more masculine street fashions. Stand out items in this collection were the Hayley Dress, Rosetta Coat, Tash Heels, and Loretta Jacket.

The last performance of the evening was a routine performed by Colombia’s all girls hip hop team. So fierce!

The third and final lineup was titled “Woodlander”: think cabin chic! Stand out items from this set were the Cassidy Playsuit, Becka Coat, Kara Blouse, and Rena Gilet.

Thank you Her Campus, boohoo, TRESemme, bareMinerals European Wax Center, LUNA Bar, and Simon Giftcard for this amazing opportunity! We can’t wait for College Fashion Week NYC 2015!

Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Natalie is a sophomore at Adelphi University where she studies Acting and English passionately. In between her studies, she enjoys jam-packing her schedule through writing for contentBase.co, holding a chair position on the Student Activities Board and shining on the stage in school productions. She loves cats, coffee, fashion and music almost as much as she does writing. Her goal as a journalist is to inspire as many ambitious, young people, like herself, to make the most of their lives as possible.