#HappyTraveler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Name: Danielle Kash

Year: Sophomore

Major/minor: Business Management

Career goals: I would love to work as an event coordinator and maybe one day start my own wedding/event planning business

Netflix Binge: Just finished Once Upon a Time but my guilty pleasure are the sappy, predictable romance movies (they are bad, I know but I just love them!).

Favorite pick me up movie: The 1997 cartoon, Hercules.

Favorite Song atm: My all time favorite songs are We Didn’t Start the Fire by Billy Joel and Ice Ice baby by Vanilla Ice. And yes, I do know all the lyrics to both. #NoShame

Favorite book: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Hobbies/Passions: I love to travel, do anything crafty, archery, and of course sleeping! I also love singing especially with my best friends to throwback jams! I also recently became a campus rep for Serengetee. #WearTheWorld

Defining life experience: In High School I was diagnosed with a jaw disease. I thought that it was going to bring me down and stop me from singing and living my life, which it did for a little but now I am back on my feet and living my best, healthy life. This proved to me that I am stronger than I think.

What are you most proud of yourself for: This past July, I had my third and final (hopefully) jaw surgery. I went into the surgery very nervous but I knew it was something that I had to do and I came out of that surgery stronger than I ever could have imagined. Now I try my best to welcome every day with a smile on my face.

Dream Vacation spot: I have so many places I would like to go but the very top of my list is Romania, Greece and Germany.

Favorite adelphi spot: My favorite study spot is somewhere hidden in the stacks of the library and my favorite place to kick back and relax is in one of the big comfy chairs in the Underground Cafe.

Interesting fact/adelphi story: I work on campus in Special Events and it has actually helped me figure out what I want to do as a career. Not to mention I became close friends with the people I work with and it makes work so much fun!

I am currently studying at Adelphi University. I am an International Studies major and a senior. My passions are traveling, languages, reading and wine, so drink up while you're reading my articles (21 and over of course).