The Ferguson Verdict

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

“Ferguson” is something that you’ve probably been hearing all over lately. No matter what side you hear people speaking from, it’s something that has been in the news for quite a long time. Recently, with all the commotion that’s been going on with Ferguson and the verdict for Officer Darren Wilson, talk about race and politics in America has been the number one topic for just about every news station. If you have been living under a rock, or simply have just not paid attention to the news, I’m here to tell you just what that verdict was, and how people are reacting to it all over America. The bottom line of it all was that the grand jury did not indict Darren Wilson for the shooting of Michael Brown. When this news broke out, protests began to spring up all over the nation. Many people were outraged at what had happened. And while some people were protesting and arguing that the grand jury had made a mistake, others were supporting the decision, stating that they believed Darren Wilson should not in fact be indicted for the shooting. Because this is such a hot-button issue, I’ll let you collegiettes decide where you stand on this topic. But take this opportunity to inform yourselves about what is going on, and get the conversation started about Ferguson.

**Adelphi students will be holding a #HANDSUP protest in front of the UC Monday December 1st at 12:00PM