Fall Break Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Fall is finally here! Some people are excited for the weather, others for the fashion, but one of the best things has to be Fall Break! Fall Break is different for every school, so you might have one day off or one week off.  Either way, here are some activities you have to do to make Fall Break count!

RISE of the Jack O’Lanterns

Walk through 5,000 illuminating Jack O’Lanterns at Westbury Gardens! It’s a short drive from campus and it’s something fun to do with friends or a boyfriend/girlfriend.  All of the Jack O’Lanterns were hand carved, so the designs are definitely something you can’t miss.  It arrives October 7th and you can follow this link to select a date and buy tickets. 

Pumpkin Picking

If you only do one thing on this list, it has to be pumpkin picking! You can’t have Fall without pumpkin picking and what better time to do it than Fall Break? Think of all the beautiful, artsy instagrams! There are a ton of farms that have pumpkin picking on Long Island.  Two of my favorites are Harbes Farm and F&W’s Schmitt’s Farm. 

Haunted Houses

Since it is Halloween time you’ve probably already seen or heard advertisements for haunted houses.  This is a perfect idea for those of you out there that love a good scare.  Personally I would never step foot in a haunted house because I am an absolute scaredy cat, but it’s definitely a fun way to spend a night.  One of the most popular ones on Long Island is Bayville Scream Park, but I’m sure you can find one that are more or less scary.  Watch out for the ones that can touch you and move you away from your group.  Totally scary!

Baking

I don’t know about you, but when I think of ​Fall, I immediately think of my house smelling like a bakery.  It’s usually because of a candle that’s burning, but Fall Break is the perfect chance to try out all of those Pinterest recipes you’ve been saving.  You’ll also have a sweet treat to munch on while binge watching Halloween movies!

Go on a Hike

Okay, so you might be wondering why on Earth going on a hike is on this list.  You have to go and enjoy the beautiful Fall foliage. Unfortunately the leaves fall of the trees quickly, so go and enjoy the Fall colors while you can.  The weather is also perfect to go on a hike because it’s cooler. Again, it will also make for some pretty awesome instagram pictures.

These are just some of the many ideas you can add to your Fall Break bucket list.  Be sure to tag us in any Fall pictures and use the hashtag #HCAUFall ! We hope you enjoy your Fall Break!