Essentials You Can’t be Caught Without on Vacation

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

As the end of the semester is  approaching, this means vacations are coming for some people and we all know the stress that packing can bring. I am going away this weekend to South Carolina for my sister’s bachelorette party, so I am already stressed with packing as well as school. Hopefully this article will help you remember the little things that can make or break any vacation.

1. Sunglasses

This may seem like something silly and you would never forget but the reason I have 28 pairs of sunglasses is because I always end up forgetting sunglasses no matter how many times I remind myself and then I end up having to buy a new pair. Not only are sunglasses practical, because who wants to be blinded by the sun all vacation, but they are cute and can serve as a headband to keep your hair back when you are indoors.

2. Sunblock

Yet another obvious one but if you are like me and turn into a lobster after 20 minutes in the sun, this is a must. Since I am going to South Carolina and will be paddleboarding, sunscreen is not a want but a necessity. Even if you do not burst into flames in the sun, it is always important to protect yourself because the sun is wonderful, but can cause a lot of damage.

3. Headphones

ALWAYS A MUST! If you’re flying I even recommend noise cancelling headphones because there may not always be a crying baby on your flight, but they also cut out the sounds of the airplane and allow you to sleep for a bit while you await your arrival to paradise.

4. Dry Shampoo

Do you ever roll out of bed late and your hair is a bit oily and you don’t have time to shower? No problem! Just throw in some dry shampoo and BAM! Hair is fresh and ready to take on the day! My personal fave dry shampoo is Bed Head “Oh Bee Hive” it’s absolutely amazing, does not leave your hair white and works like a charm!

5. Portable Phone Charger

There is nothing worse than going to take a picture of a gorgeous sunset or a once in a lifetime view and having your phone die. Or jamming to music on the beach or the plane and having your phone die. So do yourself a favor and don’t forget this one!

6. Advil

Whether you have a headache, body aches, cramps, or are hungover, Advil is here to help you through it! Not always on people’s packing list but it will always come in handy!

7. Hat

Whether you rock a baseball cap or a big floppy hat, hats are always an accessory that complete any outfit. Shorts and a tee? Put on a baseball cap. Heading to the beach and looking for a bit more protection from the sun? Put on a floppy hat. There is a hat for every occasion.

8. Tweezers

You just know that one dark eyebrow hair is going to come in while you’re away so better be safe than sorry and bring those tweezers with you on your next trip.

9. That one item sitting in your shopping cart

Treat yourself! Whether you have a romper, shoes, new bag or bathing suit…. Go for it!! You only live once and you have earned that item!

I hope this list helps you with your packing, I know it helped remind me to bring all of these things this weekend! Happy travels!

Danielle Kash

Adelphi '20

Hello there! I am Danielle Kash. I am a Business Management Major at Adelphi. I love to travel, cooking and LOVE to watch movies! Hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoy writing them!