Daniel Martin ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.
Q: What’s your year and major?
A: I’m a junior and a Criminal Justice major.

Q: What academic and extracurricular activities are you involved in at school?
A: In school I’ve been a hall attendant and a part of the Criminal Justice club.  

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I like to play guitar and piano. I also like to trek, scuba dive, watch movies and my favorite TV shows, and play video games.

FUN Fact: I love to travel. I also lived overseas for six years.

Q: What do you love about Adelphi?
A: The people that I meet and get to know.

Q: What do you wish to do when you graduate? 
A: I want to go into a career in law enforcement and make a difference. Ideally be a crisis negotiator and save lives.

Q: Do you have any role models?
A: It can vary from time to time, but here are a few: My twin brother Alex, my Dad, Officer Jean-Mary, Megan Nicole, The Doctor.
FUN Fact: I’m adopted from Vietnam.

Q: What’s your favorite place at Adelphi?
A: I don’t really have a favorite place at Adelphi. It depends how I feel, the type of day, friends. That is where I want to be.

Q: What advice would you give to incoming freshman?
A: Don’t be afraid to drop a class. Study, do your homework.  Be yourself.  Get involved.

Q: What is your favorite memory at Adelphi?
A: Drawing at the chalk up in 2015.  I did with the help of others, the big drawing in front of the UC ‘Racial Justice Matters’.

Q: What do you think is most important in order to have a great college experience?
A: It is what you make of it and the people who are around you.  Try new things, it can take you many places and meet all different kinds of people.

FUN Fact: If given the opportunity I’d like to be an astronaut and go into space one day.  For now it’s just a dream.

Hi I'm Liz!! I'm currently a sophomore at Adelphi University and I study communications. I strive to become a journalist or a news reporter someday. Besides being a contributor for HerCampus and studying communications, I have a passion for martial arts and criminal justice. I also love babysitting so I obviously love kids and something I may also do is become a teacher. One fun fact about me is that  I have been studying Ju Jitsu for the past 12 or 13 years and I am currently a second degree brown belt.