Classic Halloween Costumes With a Twist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

How are you spending Halloween? Perhaps a party, staying home eating candy, or trick or treating. No mater what you have planned for this Halloween, the most important part is what to dress up as! If you’re anything like myself, you won’t plan your outfit until the week of Halloween, and by then there are no original ideas left; here are few great costume ides from everyday clothing items!

1)     Modern Disney Princess: One of the easiest and classic costume ideas with a twist! Pick a Disney princess of your choice, perhaps Cinderella, Snow White, or Elsa, and add your own designs. For Cinderella, wear a short blue dress and a black choker and your look is complete! Elsa could be done wearing the same dress but styling your hair in the classic Elsa braid! Snow White is as simple as a yellow mini skirt, red crop top and a red headband! A great store to find all these items and accessories is Charlotte Russe.

2)     Sexy Superhero: With the Avengers and all other superhero movies being so popular right now, the idea to be a sexy superhero is perfect for this Halloween! Party City and Spencer’s sell superhero corsets for under $20! Spiderman, Batman, Robin, Superman: you name and they have it! Pair it with ripped jeans or black leggings and just like that, your costume is done.

3)     Fairytale Characters: Who doesn’t love the classic heroines we all grew up with? Dorothy, Little Red Riding Hood, Alice in Wonderland, etc. The list goes on! Party City has a great selection of leggings, corsets, shoes, and tops designed after these tales. However, if you wanted to put a costume together yourself based off of one of these women, it is just as simple. A great idea for Dorothy is a blue dress, two french braids and red heels. Alice can be achieved in a similar way using a blue dress, a small white apron that ties around your waist, and a black headband! A great place to find these dresses is Wet Seal or Forever 21; if they don’t have a large enough selection for you try online shopping. The website Tobi.com is a great source for all cute clothing!

Using these different costume ideas, you could easily recreate one of the costumes above or create your own! The possibilities are endless with a little creativity. Halloween is coming up faster than you would think, so get your costumes ready soon!

I am a student at Adelphi University pursing a degree in communications. I love all things beauty and lifestyle related! I have danced and acted my entire life and have a passion for stage and film.
Hi HC readers! I am a senior at Adelphi University studying Communications with a concentration in Journalism. I am also a Marketing minor and am a member of various campus organizations. I will be serving as the HC Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Our chapter will keep you in the loop of all the Adelphi happenings along with college life articles written by the students for the students!   Check out our website to learn more about us and how you can become apart of the HC team at AU! Also, dont forget to check out our social media pages, also listed on the website. http://hercampusadelphi.weebly.com/