yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

From The Class to the Office All In One Fall Dress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Having a job as a college student is pretty much a necessity, and most jobs have a dress code. McDonald’s employees wear their matching shirts, Ulta employees wear all black and when you work in an office you can’t just show up in your sweats from the gym. You have to look presentable to put your best foot forward.

Since I work in External Relations on campus almost every day, there is not a time when I am not in work clothes, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still be fashionable. Work clothes do not always have to be dress pants and a blouse or something your mom would wear (no offense to the moms out there, especially my own. You all have your own sense of fashion which is unique in its own way). We are in college. A big thing with dresses in the workplace is making sure they are long enough. I like to play it safe and go with a dress that is a few inches longer than fingertip length when you put your hands by your side so it ends a little above your knee.

1. Oh My Love Floral Mesh Dress

You can find this adorable dress at Forever 21. This long sleeve mesh dress is perfect for that weather that is still kind of summer but turning into fall. You know, those days that start out cold, go up to 75 during the day but drop down by 5pm. This dress would pair great with a pair of boots and even stockings on a cold day.

2. a.n.a Bell Sleeve Velvet Dress:

I just purchased this dress from JCPenny , and it is so cute and comfortable. I am all about being comfortable while looking good. I have been seeing velvet everywhere and I am so happy it is making a comeback! This dress comes in mediera wine (pictured above), Black and Huntington Green, which is the one I have. I have rocked this dress with booties, heeled sandals but you can really wear any shoe you want! From boots to vans, whatever shoes you wear it will give the outfit a different feel.

3. Sleeveless Dress:

This sleeveless dress from H&M comes in both dark gray (pictured above) and red. Whether its paired with heels like the model has on or boots, add a scarf or colored cardigan and it can change this outfit from a work outfit to a night out outfit. This dress is great because it is also long enough where you don’t have to worry about it riding up too short!

4. Lace Shoulder Shirtdress:

This deep cabernet shirtdress can be found at Loft. I get tons and tons of my work and holiday dresses from Loft. They are good quality and last a long time which is important when you’re a college student who doesn’t have tons of money to buy dresses every other week. This deep cabernet color is the perfect fall color, and with a solid color dress, you can rock a fun pair of tights for those crisp fall days.

5. Embroidered Crinkle-Gauze Swing Dress:

Until recently I never thought that Old Navy had dresses I would want to wear, but they have been stepping up their game! This adorable swing dress is loose fitting so you won’t feel like you are being strangled as you go to work, class or even lunch. This dress comes in black (pictured above), white and navy. All fashionable and comfortable and would go great with your favorite pair of boots.

6.Lauren Conrad Runway Collection Velvet Fit & Flare Dress:

I always feel that navy and blue colors in general always go away when fall comes but why when you can look killer in this evening blue Lauren Conrad dress from Kohls. If you still aren’t feeling blue then don’t worry! This fit and flare also comes in valentino and pink silhouette. Great for work as well as a nice dinner out!

Going from work to class doesn’t mean you have to change your clothes! These six dresses assure that you will look stunning whether you’re working, going to class, going to lunch or heading out for a night on the town! Rock these adorable dresses and all your friends will ask where you got that dress from!

Danielle Kash

Adelphi '20

Hello there! I am Danielle Kash. I am a Business Management Major at Adelphi. I love to travel, cooking and LOVE to watch movies! Hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoy writing them! 
Hi, I'm Alexis! I'm a senior Communications major with a journalism concentration, and I'm an editor and campus co-coordinator for our Adelphi chapter of Her Campus! After graduating, I hope to write for news organizations that cover important social and humanitarian issues in our political sphere and in the global community. Other than writing, I enjoy reading, napping, and sightseeing. One fun fact about me is that I'm left-handed, which means I'm more likely to become President! I mainly write political content relating to the most current issues facing our country and the world.