This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Name: Christa Ciuffo

Year: Senior

Major: Nursing

Nationality: Italian and Irish

Hometown: Middle Village (Queens where ya at)

Q&A

Her Campus Adelphi: What’s your favorite movie?

Christa Ciuffo: American Beauty

HC: Favorite song?

CC: Springsteen by Eric Church… OBSESSED isn’t even the word. (Oooh Let’s have a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2gGXlW6wSY)

HC: What are you most likely doing on a Saturday night?

CC: Most likely hanging out with my friends, wearing sweats, ordering Chinese food, and watching whatever terrible movie that’s on ABC family; living the dream.

HC: Do you have a weird habit?

CC: Hmm, probably that I drink coffee like its water. I probably have about 5 cups a day alone and the people in the underground cafe know my order and first name! Every time I leave they’re like, “see you in a hour.”

HC: If you could have dinner with anyone living or passed on for a day, who would it be?

CC: This one is hard, but I would have to say my grandparents. Unfortunately, I never met them because they all passed before I was born or could remember meeting them. I would love to pick their brains about my family history and their lives growing up. My grandpa’s were especially so intelligent being a Chemist and a Doctor, and I would love to learn from them both.

HC: What’s your favorite part about going to Adelphi?

CC: Probably the people that make up the community. Adelphi would not be the same for me if it weren’t for my friends who I get breakfast with at post every Monday and Wednesday morning, my co-workers who help me stay sane while working in CSI, and all those late night study sessions in Swirbs with my nursing majors. They truly make my time at Adelphi fun and entertaining!

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus and what roles do you hold?

CC:     President, C.A.L.I.B.E.R.

Member, Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society

Member, National Residence Hall Honorary

Resident Assistant, Earle Hall

Event Chair, Adelphi Gives Back Month

HC: What’s your best advice for incoming freshmen?

CC: I would advise incoming freshmen to get involved as soon as they start Adelphi; and STAY involved! Being involved at Adelphi has truly made my experience worthwhile and has been some of my favorite memories while attending school here. Savor every moment at this school! Like one of my favorite quotes says, “Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once and awhile, you could miss it.”

HC: Who’s someone who has inspired you along your journey at Adelphi?

CC: Along my journey at Adelphi, I have been truly inspired by my sister, Lauren. She also attended Adelphi and was always striving for more to better herself. I have always looked up to her because she truly impacted Adelphi in many ways; from being involved in so many activities on campus to achieving many awards and honors, I would call her my very own “on-campus celebrity.” I usually hate when people ask me if I’m related to “THE Lauren Ciuffo,” but in reality I am honored and blessed to be her little sister!

HC: What’s been the biggest highlight this year for you?

CC: This year I believe the biggest highlight has honestly been serving as CALIBER’s president. I am so proud of this organization and if you ask anyone who knows me, I can’t stop talking about it! I am a huge advocate for its mission and cause to help the community around us. All that we have accomplished in this year alone is amazing and I would never have been able to do it without the help from my OUTSTANDING executive board and chairs! They make CALIBER what is is!

HC: What are you looking forward to the most?

CC: I look forward to graduating Nursing school, FINALLY! Although it is very bittersweet, it’s hard to leave behind Adelphi and all the amazing memories that I have made here and finally hit the real world.

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?

CC: In 5 years, I hope to be working as a nurse in the Emergency Room and hopefully getting my Masters in Nursing Education. I have a dream to come back to Adelphi to teach the future of Nursing all the ins and outs about healthcare and hope to motivate my students to succeed and never give up. I would love to instill in them confidence that they can pass Nursing school, just like I did! (hopefully)

HC: Let’s hear a random fact!

CC: My go-to random fact is that my sisters and I were announcers on the Rosie O’Donnell Show when we were about 8 and 10 aka the awkward years.

Carolyn Garcia is a Junior at Adelphi University. She was part of the Her Campus High School Journalism and Publicity Ambassador program during her junior year of high school and that opportunity was what allowed her to discover her passion of writing for media. Since then, she's become a Social Media rep for Seventeen, a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista.com, a Campus rep for Rent the Runway, a contributor for TheDaily411.com, and a Campus Ambassador for CAMBIO #BUILTBYGIRLS She's now the publicity/social media coordinator for Her Campus Adelphi, which she couldn't be more excited about. If you're interested in becoming best friends with her, you should tell her you love Taylor Swift and Chocolate Mint Tea.