This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

This weeks Campus Cutie for Adelphi University is women’s Basketball player, Calli Balfour! Calli is a bright and ambitious student at Adelphi, she truly understand the meaning of good sportsmanship. She is a real team player and talks about her team with pure affection. I had the pleasure of interviewing Calli, which can be found below.

Q: What year are you currently in, what is your major, and what position do you play?

A: I’m a junior, I’m studying physical education and I play guard/forward.

Q: What are your expectations entering this season?

A: My expectations excreting this year is to repeat our NE-10 championship.

Q: What are your teammates expectations?

A: My teammates expectations are the same as mine, to win another NE-10 championship.

Q: What do you do to get ready before a game?

A: I eat a Caesar salad before every home game and I take 1 free throw on my own.

Q: How does the team’s chemistry come into play on the court? 

A: The team chemistry comes into play on and off the court. We have the greatest bench along with great players to play with. Communications is key on our team and I feel that as a whole we do that very well.

Q: What do you plan to do after college?

A: After college I hope to get a teaching job right away. If not I’ll see if I can play basketball overseas.

Q: Do you think basketball will be part of your life even after your career at Adelphi?

A: After my career at Adelphi, I’m hoping basketball will stay in my life. Even if it is just summer leagues or pick up with friends. 

It is clear from the interview that Calli is a great woman with nothing but the best intentions. Be sure to come out this season to some of the womans basketball games!

I am a student at Adelphi University pursing a degree in communications. I love all things beauty and lifestyle related! I have danced and acted my entire life and have a passion for stage and film.