This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

This past Friday, Blue Jupiter jammed out on Adelphi’s Concert Hall stage! Blue Jupiter has rocked audiences and performed throughout the United States and Asia. The group’s music has been well received everywhere they have gone with their remixes of all different popular songs from Ben E. King’s “Stand by Me” to Carlos Santana’s “Smooth”. Blue Jupiter has even garnered acclaim for their original material. The jingle that has been the staple of Oreos Wonderfilled campaign commercials and advertising was their creation after winning a contest hosted by Randy Jackson from American Idol.  They have since headlined the VH1 Save the Music Event in Oswego, NY.  Furthermore, they have had a huge presence at the Harmony Sweepstakes in New York City, Chicago and Washington DC winning “best arrangement” and “audience favorite” for two years straight. Learn more about Blue Jupiter through its website and our interview! 

Blue Jupiter is an a cappella group. It creates all of its music solely with its members voices. It uses no instruments or tracks—just the human voice! How impressive is that?! Blue Jupiter features Diana Preisler (Female Lead), Marty Gasper (Beat-bass), Jonathan Minkoff (Instrument-imitation), and Jeff Washburn (Tenor). In the spirit of Blue Jupiter, the audience enjoyed an entire night full of a cappella. 

Adelphi’s own a cappella group Paws & Rewind kicked off the night. Members Kindeya Chiaro, Richie Conoway, Susie Cucinella, Darnell Dunkley, Stephanie Flaum, Jennifer Kang (Musical Director), Rahanna Khan, Christina Korsanos, Katie Masters (PR), Sabatina Mauro, Stephanie McKenna (Secretary/Cofounder), Ghazal Mizrahi, Adnrew Ostrow, Rohit Singla (President), and Jackie Tall wowed the audience with 3 great pieces.

They first sang the beautiful ballad “Run to You.” They followed it with Jessie J’s inspirational “Stand Up” featuring singer Christina Korsanos. They then finished the set with a catchy pop medley of hit songs “Stereo Hearts” and “Airplanes” showcasing the talent of the majority of its members. Check out our interview with Paws & Rewind to learn more about the group!

Next Feedback serenaded the audience. Feedback made the list of the top 100 a cappella groups to make it in 2015. It was easy to see how! Feedback is an all-male group featuring Sam Nulton, Michael Gullo, Garrett Philbin, Ben Mirin, Alec Galambos, and Doug Larsen.

The members of Feedback had the audience falling in love with them through their charm and smooth moves. They completely rocked several popular hits such as “Push Your Love”, “Latch”, “Golden”, and “Climax.” They also sang a beautiful arrangement of the hymn “Poor Way Fairing Stranger.” They ended off the set with a fierce medley including songs “Baby It’s You”, “Love on Top”, and “Irreplacable.”

After all the building up, Blue Jupiter was ready to own the stage. They set the stage with a sepctacular, explosive entrance appropriately with the song Dynamite by Tao Cruize. It set an upbeat, high energy mood for the rest of its performance. In our interview, lead vocalist Diana described that the concert would be “high-energy Broadway takes the night clubs.” The members of Blue Jupiter met my expectations and so much more! They really put on a show! They spiced up their set with killer vocals, energized movements and formations, silly stories, and audience interaction.

They covered a wide array of music that spoke to all of the generations in the audience. They mostly sang today’s top hits “Closer”, “Don’t Stop the Music”, “I’m Yours”, “DJ Got us Fallin’ in Love”, “Tonight”, “Mr. Saxobeat”,”Use Somebody”, “When Love Takes Over”,”What Does the Fox Say?”, “Treasure”, and “Happy.” They also rocked 80’s hits “Time After Time” and “Tainted Love.” They even covered classics “Can’t Help Falling in Love With You”, “Mr. Pinstripe Suit”, “Life is a Highway”, and the Beatles. Singer Diana paid homage to her Broadway roots with musical theatre pieces “My Favorite Things”, “Whatever Lola Wants”, “Let It Go”, and closed with a fierce rendition of “Defying Gravity.”  

All in all, the Blue Jupiter concert was an amazing night! The audience was blown away with each a cappella group’s amazing talent. If you missed this fabulous performance, be sure to check the PAC’s upcoming events here to see more great upcoming performances like this one. You don’t wanna miss out!

Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Natalie is a sophomore at Adelphi University where she studies Acting and English passionately. In between her studies, she enjoys jam-packing her schedule through writing for contentBase.co, holding a chair position on the Student Activities Board and shining on the stage in school productions. She loves cats, coffee, fashion and music almost as much as she does writing. Her goal as a journalist is to inspire as many ambitious, young people, like herself, to make the most of their lives as possible.