Adelphi’s Celebrity – Richard Bedard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

The campus celebrity of the week is Richard Bedard. Richard is always smiling and enjoying his college experiences. While talking to him, I could tell that he was a genuine, caring person. Richard definitelfy deserves to be the “campus celebrity” of the week because of his ongoing ability to make the people around him happy. 

Favorites & Fun Fact 

Food – Pizza, Chinese, or anything mom cooks! 

Book – The Maze 

Color – Sky blue

Fun Fact – I am a triplet! 

Q: Where are you from?

A: I am from West Hempstead. 

Q: What building do you dorm in, do you enjoy living on campus? If so, what is your favorite part? 

A: I live on campus in New B. I really enjoy living on campus because Adelphi becomes not only my second home but home to so many others. There is a feeling of family and connection. That’s what pushes Adelphi above the rest in my opinion. 

Q: Major and dream job? How did you choose your major?

A: My major is English. My dream job is to work in Law. To be honest, there are many reasons why I picked Law but the main one is to make a change and lead by example.

Q: Have a favorite quote or life motto?

A: Never leave those who need you. You could be the difference–the friend they need–the inspiration they need. We all have it in us to be great. 

Q: Do you have any favorite childhood memories? Or Summer memory? 

A: My favorite childhood memory is going to a summer camp called Southampton Fresh Air Home. This summer I went horseback riding. 

Q: Do you have any hobbies? 

A: I really love music. I have been playing piano for over ten years, if you put a piano in front of me I would play all day. 

Q: What year are you and what are you looking forward to most? Any events? 

A: Sophomore. My favorite event is Midnight Madness. I have been practicing my shot to win the car. 

Q: Want to give a shout-out to your best friends on campus? :)

A: My best friends, I will leave out the last names because they know who they are, Vicky, Katie, Deshawn, Mannie, and Donnell. The qualities I like about these people is that they can be funny and serious. They listen well and care for others. 

Q: How do you feel about being campus celebrity?

A: A celebrity? No, no. I am just here trying to be the best I can. I can guarantee I didn’t answer these questions in a dressing room. But for some reason, you want an autograph come up and ask!!! 

Hi HC readers! I am a senior at Adelphi University studying Communications with a concentration in Journalism. I am also a Marketing minor and am a member of various campus organizations. I will be serving as the HC Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Our chapter will keep you in the loop of all the Adelphi happenings along with college life articles written by the students for the students!   Check out our website to learn more about us and how you can become apart of the HC team at AU! Also, dont forget to check out our social media pages, also listed on the website. http://hercampusadelphi.weebly.com/