Adelphi Talks Dirty with Jason Derulo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

The spring concert is a much-anticipated event here at Adelphi. Over the years, Student Activities Board’s spring concerts have brought a multitude of A-List singers. This year’s spring concert was more spectacular than ever because S.A.B. hired Jason Derulo and Timeflies as the guest performers. All 600 tickets sold out on the first day they were available, and since then, campus buzzed with excitement leading up to the big day.

On April 12th, students lined up in front of the UC hours before the show to make sure they got a good spot. S.A.B. members handed out glow-in-the-dark glasses and light-up sticks as freebies.

But once they got in, students agreed it was worth the wait! 

First student band, D-Limitz, opened the concert. They pumped up the audience with vivacious dancers, bongos, and its super-fly spirit.

Timeflies came on after and sang its hits “I Choose U,” “SMFWU,” and “For You,” among several others. The band also played a sneak-peak from its new album, “After Hours,” which’ll be released on April 29th. Band member Rez videotaped the audience for footage to use in the song’s music video. Timeflies connected to the students with its Adelphi-themed freestyle rap, featuring the C-store, McHebes and plenty of other Adelphi lingo. Between its electro-hip hop style and engaging charm, Timeflies had the audience “Swoon”ing.

Last but not least, Jason Derulo graced the stage. He performed his hits “Talk Dirty,” “In My Head,” “Whatcha Say” and “The Other Side.” He also surprised the audience with two songs from his new album, “Talk Dirty”, which was released on April 15th. As he performed them, his DJ recorded the audience and uploaded it to Instagram! The audience could really feel the passion behind Jason’s performance, literally and emotionally, when he ran down the middle of the audience, giving out high-fives along the way. Not only did Jason deliver a heartfelt performance, but his dancers really added life to the songs. Jason Derulo and his team did not fail to deliver a crazy, fun concert!

After a few hours of bass-booming and body-rockin’ performances, audience members left the concert absolutely blown away. They agreed that these singers lived up to their A-list reputations. Thanks, S.A.B., for another phenomenal Spring Concert!

Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Natalie is a sophomore at Adelphi University where she studies Acting and English passionately. In between her studies, she enjoys jam-packing her schedule through writing for contentBase.co, holding a chair position on the Student Activities Board and shining on the stage in school productions. She loves cats, coffee, fashion and music almost as much as she does writing. Her goal as a journalist is to inspire as many ambitious, young people, like herself, to make the most of their lives as possible.