This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Not having a car on campus: the ultimate Adelphi struggle.

Trust me, I get it. Not having a car on campus is the worst. Adelphi has the Panther Express shuttles, but that can only take you to a few locations, right? Wrong. Here’s how to get to way more places using the Adelphi shuttles.

#ShuttleHacks

The shuttle to Mineola Train Station can also get you to…

1. Nice N Natural

This is an adorable juice shop within walking distance from the train. It has juices, smoothies, sandwiches, soups, and healthy baked goods. It looks adorable! I’ll definitely be checking it out as a reward for studying for finals.

http://nicennatural.com/

1. Eleanor Rigby’s

A little pricier, but if you’re looking for good food, live music, and a cool, classic rock vibe, definitely check out Eleanor Rigby’s restaurant.

http://www.eleanorigbys.com/

1. Chase Bank

This one might not be as fun, but it’s practical! This is a great way to get to your bank. (Less ATM fees=More money to spend on fun stuff.)

The shuttle to Roosevelt Field Mall can also get you to…

1. European Wax Center

“EWC waxing salon in Garden City offers a wide selection of waxing services for men and women, including Bikini, Eyebrow, Leg, Arm, Upper Lip, Back, Brazilian Waxing, and more. Our unique Comfort Wax™ uses 100% natural beeswax, which combined with our 4 Steps to Gorgeous™ process, promises you’ll walk into our center and strut out feeling fabulous.” It’s just a walk across the street, a parking lot and then one more street to cross and you’re there! Easy peasy (and it beats taking a cab!) Plus they have a student wax pass where you buy 3, and get 1 for free! That’s 25% off! And if that wasn’t enough to sell you on it, “First-Time guests can enjoy a complimentary brow, underarm or bikini line wax for women or ear, nose or brow for gents.” Treat yourself. *hairflip*

1. Moe’s

There’s a Chipotle in the mall, but if you’re a die-hard Moe’s fan, you’re in luck! This is in the same plaza as the European Wax Center.

1. Burlington Coat Factory

Always looking for a deal? This is a great place to get discount clothes!

1. Dollar Tree

Dollar stores are great for college students on a budget. They sell everything from party supplies (great if a roomie is having a birthday) to notebooks.

1. Mac & Melts

“Founded in 2013, Mac & Melts presents Comfort Food 2.0, melting down the dishes of our grandparents and serving them up with a fresh, modern and high-quality twist. With a wide selection of grilled cheeses and a variety of vibrant mac-and-cheese dishes, this Garden City, New York restaurant has made the casual dining experience incredibly trendy-licious.” Yass cheese. I’m in.

1. McDonald’s

For that guilty pleasure Big Mac. Pshh we’ll go to the gym later.

The Walmart shuttle can get you to…

1. Marshalls

Designer clothes for less. Bless.

1. Sports Authority

For the sporty collegiettes!

1. 5 Below

Everything in this store is below $5. Great for themed parties!

1. Gamestop

Pretty self-explanatory. You can actually get to a lot of these by shuttle. Great for the gamer collegiettes.

1. Trader Joe’s

If you’re like me and you’re a health nut, this one is a life changer. This grocery store is awesome. And the best part– they have adorable, affordable store brand products. Word on the street is they have fantastic greek yogurt, but don’t take my word for it– hop on the next Walmart shuttle.

1. The Container Store

Everything for organization that you could ever need. It’s a wonderland.

1. GNC

For the health-nut collegiettes. Vitamins and protein supplements galore.

1. Torrid

Adorable women’s plus size clothing. They have some seriously cute stuff. Definitely worth checking out!

1. Carlo’s Bakery

Yummy. If you watch the Food Network, you’re already familiar with this one through Cake Boss! This famous bakery has cookies, cakes, cupcakes, chocolate-dipped strawberries, and more.

1. Chocolate Works

More sweets! If you have a serious sweet tooth, you need to visit this place. “Chocolate Works Garden City is family owned and operated by Rich and Lori Penchuk. Specializing in pure, sweet imagination, Chocolate Works has transformed the corner candy shop into an interactive experience for everyone. We’ve got chocolate, candy, ice cream, parties, and workshops! We also offer Kosher, nut free, gluten free and vegan products and gift baskets.”

http://gardencity.chocolateworks.com/?ref=15

1. Ulta

For the beauty junkies! This makeup store has everything you could need for hair, makeup, and skincare.

1. Shake Shack

Burgers, fries, and milkshakes! How could you go wrong? Plus, now you don’t have to go all the way to Manhattan to get this famous American meal.

The Target shuttle can get you to…

1. AMC Movie Theater

Right across the parking lot from where the shuttle drops you off. Plus the Panthertainment booth offers discounted tickets (and there might just be a regular student discount at the theater).

The Stop & Shop shuttle can get you to…

1. European Wax Center

Another one! Gosh I love this chain. And they just came out with a new line of products… which I will definitely be spending a paycheck on #WhatIsSelfControl

1. Payless

Cute shoes, purses, sunglasses, and accessories. And you really do pay less! (It’s even better if you use coupons from retailmenot)

1. Quiznos

Sandwiches! For when you just have to indulge in those cravings, am I right ladies? They also have broccoli cheddar soup that rivals Panera. The best part– going there means no delivery minimum!

1. Gamestop

Another Gamestop! Long Island loves it’s video games, what can I say?

But I get it. Sometimes taking the shuttle just won’t be enough. And for those times, I highly recommend Uber. Don’t want to spend money?

Get your first ride free up to $15 using my code: jenniferh1123

Adventure is out there, Adelphi Collegiettes!

Comment below if you know of any other cool #ShuttleHacks!

XOXO

I'm a sophomore at Adelphi University! Actor and Collegiette