This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

The ABC of what makes Adelphi Adelphi!

A- Adelphi Obviously, A is for Adelphi B- Bunnies One of the most characteristic things about Adelphi is the bunnies running around. Of course you’ve tried to catch one at least once. C- Commuting Quite a large amount of Adelphi students commute so commuting is a big part of Adelphi. D- Dorm Rooms Of course, those of us who don’t commute live in the dorms, our homes away from home. E- Events Because of all of Adelphi’s clubs and groups, we have tons of events! Dances, game shows, and contests are always happening. F- Free Brunch Sundays at post are the best because of free brunch from 8am-2pm! G- Girls Yes, Adelphi’s students are mostly female. H- Houses Adelphi is located in Garden City, which has some of the most beautiful houses around. Unfortunately off campus housing isn’t a thing. I- Inspirational Rocks A relatively new characteristic of our school, some of the rocks now have positive messages on them randomly around campus. J- June College is fantastic because we have all of June for vacation since we get out in May. K- Kids Being next to the Waldorf School, little kids are sometimes running around. L- Lackman Everyone’s favorite food service, and the only food service at Adelphi. They stay true to their name. M- Meal Plan A meal plan is necessary if you plan on eating a lot in the UC or Post, especially considering the prices N- NYC Being so close to the city is fantastic, the Panthertainment booth will often give discount tickets to Broadway shows! Also living close to the train station makes trips into NYC easy? O- Organizations Adelphi has tons of clubs and organizations on campus! P- Panthers Obviously, our school’s mascot, and the new statue outside of the Rec center. Q- Quad Right behind Earle, the quad is a great place to sit outside on a nice day, play games, or just read. R-RAs They’re on every floor and provide you will assistance and cute hallway decorations! S- Science Building The center of campus. Let’s face it, you’ve thought about going on the roof. (If you haven’t already!) T- Taxis Luckily, taxis are readily available in the area. Great if you live on campus and have no car, but not so great for your wallet. U- Underground Café For those early morning, mid-day, and late night coffee breaks. Also a nice place to study or hang out. V- Volleyball One of Adelphi’s awesome sports teams. Our volleyball team rocks. W- Weekends Unfortunately for those of us that stay on campus, weekends can be pretty dead, a time for most locals and commuters to visit home. X- Xeroxing So you don’t have to print a million copies of your paper, lots of students Xerox copies. Y- Yellow One of Adelphi’s school colors (ok technically it’s gold…) Z- Zombies Every year, Chapman has a haunted house, which is coming up soon!

Freshman acting major at Adelphi University :)