8 TV Shows to Look Forward to This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Believe it or not, there are more things to get excited about fall other than Starbucks’ PSLs (Pumpkin Spice Lattes). -Gasps- I know! Trust me, I didn’t think so either #basic. That’s until I saw the line-up of the TV shows that are premiering this season. Before you read this article and watch the trailers, you should probably first empty out your DVR to make room for TV’s new hot thangs.

Blindspot

Monday, September 21, 2015 on NBC at 10/9cIf you’re a big Thor fan, then get prepared to squeal. Thor’s Jaimie Alexander is starring in NBC’s new thriller. Without giving too much away, Jaimie plays a woman who’s found naked in Times Square (No, she’s not the Naked Cowgirl) with her body fully covered in some interesting tattoos. It gets better! The woman has no memories of her past. The FBI obviously get involved and try to follow the road map on her body, while bringing her closer to the truth about her identity. I don’t know about you, but give me a mystery and some sour patch kids, and I’m good to go. 

The Muppets

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 on ABC at 8/7c

Who didn’t love The Muppets growing up? If you did, then something is very wrong. Not to break any hearts, but if you didn’t hear, Kermit and Miss Piggy have broken up and now Kermit’s dating a new pig named Denise. We’ll be able to see how the dating life for Kermit is like and what Miss Piggy has been up to. ABC is calling The Muppets a docu-comedy that will be giving America’s favorite puppets an edgier makeover.

Scream Queens

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 on FOX at 8/7c 

If you haven’t seen the promos for Scream Queens, I’m not sure where you’ve been hiding. American Horror Story fans should be excited for this one because Ryan Murphy is the man behind it all. The new FOX series is follows a snobby sorority being stalked by a killer from the past. We’ll probably be hearing a lot of Screams (Just a wild guess). Emma Roberts stars in the show, but isn’t the only famous face. She’s joined by Jaime Lee Curtis, Lea Michelle, Abigal Breslin, and even Ariana Grande makes a cameo.

Supergirl

Monday, October 26, 2015 on CBS at 8:30/7:30c

YAAAAAS! Now this is a show that screams #bossbitch. It’s about time Supergirl gets her own show (Sorry Clark Kent).  CBS’s new series is starring Melissa Benoist as Kryptonian exile Kara Zor-El aka Superman’s cousin. The show follows this fierce and badass lady as she’s finally embracing her powers after 24 years of hiding them. Supergirl also stars Calista Flockhart, Chyler Leigh, Mehcad Brooks, David Harewood and Jeremy Jordan.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Monday, October 12, 2015 on CW at 8/9c Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

CW is stepping out of their comfort zone and going with a show that seems to be heavy on the musical element. Devil Wears Prada Screenwriter Aline Brosh McKenna is behind it along with former Youtube star, Rachel Bloom. You’re probably thinking to yourself, Nah I won’t watch this one. But wait! Actor, Santino Fontana, also known as the voice of Hans in Frozen, is starring in it. Did I win you over?

Blood & Oil

Sunday, September 27, 2015 on ABC at 9/8c

Gossip Girl fans, well more like Nate Archibold fiances, you’re going to need to get some air. The bae is officially back! Unfortunately, Chace Crawford has a wife in this show and lands in an oil boom town with her along with a plan to get rich. Just say the name Chace Crawford and I’m all over this one.

Grandfathered

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 on FOX at 8/7c

I’m so excited to see this hilarious duo in action. John Stamos and Josh Peck in one show has got to be the greatest idea ever. John stars as Jimmy, an aging bachelor who discovers he has a son (Josh Peck), who also has a child, which makes him a grandfather. Hmm.. this is going to be interesting!

Angel From Hell

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 on CBS at 9:30/8:30c

We’re finally getting to see the Jane Lynch we love play someone who resembles her personality. Bye Sue Sylvester! Jane is an angel, no legit–she plays an angel that is sent down to look over a young woman by the name of Maggie Laweson. The series is a single-camera comedy, which is rare for CBS, but I’m still excited to see how it turns out.

Carolyn Garcia is a Junior at Adelphi University. She was part of the Her Campus High School Journalism and Publicity Ambassador program during her junior year of high school and that opportunity was what allowed her to discover her passion of writing for media. Since then, she's become a Social Media rep for Seventeen, a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista.com, a Campus rep for Rent the Runway, a contributor for TheDaily411.com, and a Campus Ambassador for CAMBIO #BUILTBYGIRLS She's now the publicity/social media coordinator for Her Campus Adelphi, which she couldn't be more excited about. If you're interested in becoming best friends with her, you should tell her you love Taylor Swift and Chocolate Mint Tea.