7 Signs You Were Born and Raised in New York

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

1)   You’re Picky About Your Pizza

Oh where are you from? Not New York? Do you even know what real pizza tastes like? If you’re from New York you’re definitely a pizza snob and you’re definitely not sorry about it.

2)   You’re Also Picky About Your Bagels

The food snobbery does not end with pizza. If you offer me a bagel outside of New York, I’m going to look at you like you’re crazy.

3)   You’re a Huge Billy Joel Fan (Like, HUGE)

This may be more of a Long Island thing because Billy Joel is from LI, but you know you’re from here if you’re a huge Billy Joel fan. Bonus points if you’re not really that into Billy Joel but become his number one fan when you’re around people not from New York.

4)   You Get Excited Telling People You’re From New York

There’s just something about telling someone that you’re from New York that makes you smile. The response is usually something along the lines of “Wait really? That’s awesome! So do you like, see celebrities all the time?!” It’s totally adorable and it makes you proud to be a New Yorker.

5)   You Love Talking About How Great New York Is

Greatest city in the world? Absolutely, and you love telling people just why it deserves that title.

6)   You Secretly Love Being a Tourist In Your Own City

As you walk around the city you complain about the tourists stopping and taking photos in front of the Empire State Building, and around the tree during the holidays. And although you complain, you love taking those photos just like they do, even though you’re from here.

7)   You Have the Accent

You know exactly what I’m talking about. For some people it’s stronger than others, but if you go take your dawg for a walk on your way to grab some cawfee, you’re definitely from New York.

Writer for Her Campus - Adelphi, involved on campus, lover of Saturday Night Live.