6 Ways You Know She’s Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Think about your best friend. How do you separate that person from the rest of your friends? When did you know that this person had become your best friend? There are definitely a few telltale signs that differentiate your friends from your best friends, and here are a few of them:

1. Conversation: You may talk to your friends about your day, what you’re doing that weekend, and what you guys should get for lunch that day. But you talk to your best friend about everything going on in your life, without judgment. You’ll text them about the tiniest details from that conversation with that guy you like. You’ll discuss your deepest secrets over a cup of coffee. Nothing is off limits, and you’re completely fine with that.

2. Money: “I’ll get you this time, don’t worry about it.” You guys lend each other money all the time, and never question it. You know that it’ll all balance out in the end, it always does.

3. Personal Space: If you see your friend in your class, you’ll probably wave and walk over to them. But when you see your best friend, you’re probably going to run over and jump on them because you’re so excited they’re in your class.

4. Communication: When you’re with your friends, you talk about things and you make sure to be clear with them. But with your best friend, you can just look at each other, or speak in half-sentences and they definitely know exactly what you’re talking about. How could no one else understand that when you look at them like that, you obviously mean that you want to leave and grab Chipotle?!

5. Clothes: If you lend one of your friends your clothes, you probably make sure it’s not one of your favorite shirts, and you probably ask them to return it by the end of the week. But your best friend walks right to your closet, picks something they like, and you think nothing of it. You don’t really have your own closets anymore, you borrow from each other all the time and you never worry about it getting back to you – you just know it will.

6. Comfort: With your best friend, you know that you’re not going to be judged – this person loves you, and you know that’s not going to change. You’re totally comfortable with them, you don’t feel like you need to impress them, and you know that you can sit in comfortable silence practically forever. In the end, you just know that they are your best friend.

Writer for Her Campus - Adelphi, involved on campus, lover of Saturday Night Live.