6 Reasons to Look Forward to Back to School…Or Not

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.
Summer ending tends to bring along very strong emotions; some of us are tired of what summer had to offer and are ready for something new, while others are lying in bed dreading the one thing that marks the end of August every year:going back to school. As we kiss our careless beach days good-bye, remember to look through the world through rose-colored lenses and try to see every situation in a positive light. That is, until you’ve been back at school for about a week and reality slaps you straight across the face. Here are six yays and nays of going back to school.

1) Hello back-to-school shopping!

…except 99.9% of your money goes towards textbooks, tuition, and living costs, leaving nothing for this season’s 

2) The opportunity to meet new people.

…let’s face it, college is too much work sometimes to be social.
3) Being educated and ready to become a productive member of society.

…but you forget what today’s lesson was even on as you walk out of class. 

4) A free fitness center? Yes, please! 

…after the first week back, your bed and fridge seem to be calling you so much louder than the treadmill and 

5) Finally getting back into somewhat of a routine.

…except staying up as late as possible to binge on Netflix and sleeping through your alarms in the morning wasn’t 

exactly what you had in mind.

6) Finally having an excuse to get out of the house. 
…until you realize where you’re actually headed to.
Hey everyone! I'm Juls (yes, short for Julie), and I'm a junior biology major with a double minor in chemistry and mathematics at Adelphi University. I'm also a writer and the head of the editorial team for Her Campus Adelphi. I've been running for 6 years and am a (beginner) Bikram yoga junkie, so I guess you can say I'm also a fitness enthusiast. If I'm not out for a run or in the yoga studio, you can catch me volunteering at my local hospital, laughing with my friends while out for coffee, or tuning in for the latest episode of Dancing With the Stars. Feel free to say hi if you see me around; I'm most likely that girl with a pair of sunglasses on top of her head even if it's cloudy outside.
Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Natalie is a sophomore at Adelphi University where she studies Acting and English passionately. In between her studies, she enjoys jam-packing her schedule through writing for contentBase.co, holding a chair position on the Student Activities Board and shining on the stage in school productions. She loves cats, coffee, fashion and music almost as much as she does writing. Her goal as a journalist is to inspire as many ambitious, young people, like herself, to make the most of their lives as possible.