5 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Are Easy AF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

It is so hard to believe it is already November! Pretty soon it is going to be Christmas and then 2018! Since it is November, we are all thinking about a delicious, and exciting holiday, Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because I love to spend time with my family, cook and I love all the flavors that come out in the fall. From cinnamon and pumpkins all the way to butternut squash and cranberry, they all play an important part in bringing the feeling of fall to our Thanksgiving table. Here is a list of a few of my favorite, super easy side dishes to spice up your table this year!

1. Maple Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash

Now, not everyone is a fan of butternut squash but it’s so versatile. You can make soup with it, mash it up and use it in casseroles, or put it in breads or muffins or like in this recipe, roast it. For this easy recipe, all you need is butternut squash, olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and black pepper. Click here to check out this delectable dish.

2. Sweet Potato Casserole

This Thanksgiving staple is such a breeze to make. Sweet potatoes have been a part of my Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember, whether they are roasted, mashed or put into a casserole. All you will need is sweet potatoes, eggs, butter, brown sugar, salt, vanilla Extract, flour and chopped pecans. While it may seem like there are a lot of ingredients, this casserole won’t take too long to put together and is more than worth it! Click here to check out the recipe!

3. Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots

Carrots are a great side for any dinner. They go well with chicken, steak, fish but most importantly, turkey. For this simple side dish, all you will need is, carrots, butter, garlic, salt, pepper and fresh parsley. Click here to cook up some delicious carrots this Thanksgiving!

4. Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cinnamon Butternut Squash, Pecans, and Cranberries

This delicious recipe combines a few of my favorite fall flavors: cranberries, pecans, brussels sprouts and butternut squash. With this dish, you have fruity, bitter, nutty and sweet, all the makings of a perfect Thanksgiving side dish! This recipe calls for brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, butternut squash, maple syrup, cinnamon, pecan, and dried cranberries. Click here to check out this recipe!

5. Spicy Cranberry Barbecue Meatballs

This spicy cranberry barbecue meatball recipe is sure to bring a little spice to your Thanksgiving table this year! With just 3 simple ingredients, you won’t have to put in much work but get a delicious dish! All you’ll need is prepackaged frozen meatballs, whole cranberry sauce and spicy barbecue sauce! Click here to check out this super easy recipe!

Whether you decide to make these side dishes or something else, the most important thing is to enjoy the company you are in and give thanks for all you have. Happy Thanksgiving!

Danielle Kash

Adelphi '20

Hello there! I am Danielle Kash. I am a Business Management Major at Adelphi. I love to travel, cooking and LOVE to watch movies! Hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoy writing them!