This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Tired of the winter blues? Looking for a fun date idea or outing with friends in the one and only NYC? Well, do I have news for you! Check out some of the most anticipated events and festivals of the spring below:

Smorgasburg- Brooklyn, New York

One of the most popular events to indulge in a variety of foods and to take artsy pics is, of course, Smorgasburg. With 100 vendors selling unique and trendy eats, this outdoor market attracts thousands of people every weekend. Located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn this event will open the weekend of March 31st and will last through September. The New York Times themselves claim Smorgasburg to be “The Woodstock of Eating.” From ramen burgers to wowfulls dessert, there is something for everybody! For more information, check out their website here!

2018 Tribeca Film Festival- Manhattan, New York

Interested in the beauty of filmmaking? Independent filmmakers submit work ranging from short films to documentaries every year to this popular festival. Along with film screenings are discussion panels with artists in the entertainment business. The festival will begin Wednesday, April 18th and will last until Sunday, April 29th with screenings spread across various movie theaters in the Tribeca area. Bundles and ticket prices range from $55-$425. So check Tribeca Film Festival off your bucket list and find out more information here!

Beautycon Festival- Manhattan, New York

Beauty brands galore! Head over to the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center the weekend of April 21st to find your favorite makeup brands and to interact with makeup artists. Who doesn’t want tips on how to up your beauty game? 2-Day and Sunday tickets are still available online here!

Sakura Matsuri Cherry Blossom Festival- Brooklyn, New York

As winter comes to an end, spring blossoms at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. The Sakura Matsuri Cherry Blossom Festival is an annual event held in April that showcases nature at its finest and Japanese culture. This event runs from Saturday, April 28th and lasts through Sunday, April 29th. Head to the Gardens during this time, the cherry blossom trees won’t be in full bloom for long! Check out Time Out New York for more information here!

The Governors Ball Music Festival- Randall’s Island Park, New York  

If you are like me and have never been to Randall’s Island Park for Governors Ball, why miss out on the biggest year yet? Kickoff your summer the right way, and see artists like Post Malone and Billie Eilish perform! GovBallNYC showcases a variety of artists ranging from indie to rap. As of right now the artist line-up has been revealed, but stay tuned for more details and ticket information here!

From food events to music festivals, New York City has a lot to offer us this spring. With so many ideas to choose from it’s hard to decide on just one. So go ahead and break bank (or not) on your favorites, I promise you won’t regret it!

Hi! My name is Kerri Hayman and I am an undergraduate student at Adelphi University. My passion for writing lies within the lines of my poetry. I truly believe that when spoken word fails, written word speaks. Writing has allowed me to open a creative door for others to venture through and to relate on a personal level. Through struggles and triumphs, writing has become an artistic outlet for me to express my creative self!