This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

With the Grammy’s right around the corner, here is a list of five of the most iconic Grammy performances from years past, in no particular order.

1)   Elton John and Lady Gaga, 2010 – Mixing Elton’s classic “Your Song” and a medley of a few of Gaga’s hits, featuring her song “Speechless”, this duo performed together five years ago; a performance that people still talk about.

2)   P!nk, 2010 – Also in 2010 was a performance by the fan-favorite P!nk. Taking some cues from Cirque du Soleil, she shocked everyone as she spun around in the air during her Grammy performance of “Glitter in the Air”, leaving everyone in awe.

3)   Adele, 2012 – After just recently recovering from surgery on her throat which caused her to cancel a handful of shows on her tour, Adele took to the stage and wowed us all as she belted out her hit “Rolling in the Deep”.

4)   Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, Steven Van Zandt, 2003 – Performing one of The Clash’s most popular songs “London Calling”, these rock icons blew everyone away on stage as they gave their own spin to the rock classic.

5) Michael Jackson, 1988 – The King of Pop himself sang two of his songs (“The Way You Make Me Feel” and “Man in the Mirror”) in a performance lasting over ten minutes, giving audiences a show to remember.

Writer for Her Campus - Adelphi, involved on campus, lover of Saturday Night Live.