The 3 Best Ways to Get into the Halloween Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

The air is getting colder the wind is getting crisper and there is only one reason why you should hear howling and it’s simple: it’s halloween season. 

Here are three inexpesive ideas to gently get into the Halloween spirt.

• Watch some Halloween type films with friends

• Starting October 19, Freeform starts it’s “13 days till Halloween” marathon event.

• Also on the Syfy channel the television network has started their  “31 days till Halloween” event as well.

• Wear some Halloween inspired outfits and ideas

• If you look on websites like Pinterest, and search “Halloween Outfits”  there are some costumes but there are some practical everyday type clothing. Outfits like these:

• Rise of the Jack-O-Lanterns

• At Old Westbury Gardens in New York the Old Westbury Mansion uses it’s large estate to hold at least 5,000 carved jack-o-lanterns with familiar faces from film television and games. And some are sculptures of large and take up more than one pumpkin.

• Tickets sold in October on Thursday through Sunday and cost only $26 a person and the times starts from 6:00pm and end at 10:30pm

These are just some of the best ways to get into the eerie scary mood of Halloween. All ideas are done better with your friends an idea both guys and girls can definitely agree on.

Hi, I'm Kait. I am currently a senior at Adelphi University and I am a Communications Major with a concentration in Digital Media and Cinema Studies. I love writing and have written stories ever since I was a little girl. Once I graduate from Adelphi University I hope to become a screenwriter working for film or television. But until then you'll see me socializing with my friends and family, studying for the next exam, or writing my scripts in the library.