10 Things to Do Before Turning 22

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Being 21 is such a great time, but it doesn’t last forever. Once you turn 22, the thrill of finally turning 21 and being “legal” is over. It’s not all that bad, though! If there’s anything Taylor Swift’s “22” music video showed us, it’s that being 22 can be a lot of fun! Around the age of 22 things change a bit. Responsibilities set in and it’s time to take them on. Here are 10 things to do before turning 22: 

1) Go Skydiving-

There’s never been a better time to be adventerous than now. 

2. Start Learning a New Language-

The older we get, the harder it is to learn a new language. So if you’ve always wanted to learn a new language, the younger you start, the better! 

3. Travel- 

When you’re young with less responsibilities than you’d have when you’re older and involved in a job, it’s a great time to travel. 

4. Start Eating Healthier 

When becoming an adult, it’s important to start eating healther and looking into your nutrition. The descisions you make at this time can have a big impact on your future health. 

5. Learn From Love and Heartbreak 

Past loves and heartbreaks can hurt, but each of them teach us something valuable. Once you realize this and learn from each of them, it helps for future relationships and gives us wisdom. 

6. Educate Yourself-

In order to prepare for the real world, it’s important to be educated on what’s going on around the world. Spending a little bit of time each day looking at current events whether it’s online, television, or the newspaper. 

7. Read and Watch All of The Classics-

Classic books, stories, and films are so important, and they are classics for a reason! In addition to entertaining and moving you, they could really teach you something about life in general. 

8. Say Yes-

It’s imporant to get work done and do what you need to do, but sometimes it’ds important to jusy say yes to being spontaneous, have fun, create memories, and figure out the rest later.  

9. Persue Your Dream-

Whatever your dream may be, research it, engulf yourself in it, and do whatever you have to in order to achieve it. Sometimes that means a big life change, but it’s important to put yourself and your dreams first. 

10. Take in Every Moment-

You’ll never be 21 again. Now is the time to take it all in, cherish, and celebrate everything you have now. 

Melissa is a journalism student at Adelphi University, and hopes to one day write for magazines and/various media types.