This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

If you guys didn’t’t know this already, I’m a huge foodie! While this definitely doesn’t’t sound too great, it does have its perks. Exploring NYC on a daily basis, I always strive to find the best restaurants in any neighborhood I visit. Let me make this very clear, looking for a restaurant in Manhattan, is like looking for chocolate at Max Brenner. Every step that you take, takes you one step closer to a new place. Naturally all this gallivanting has paid off. I’ve narrowed down my list to 10 places that I think are absolutely worth a try.

1. Eataly

If you’re looking to be drenched in Italian food options, Eataly is the place to be! Tons of Italian cafes, restaurants, bars, and even markets just floating around the building. The varieties of pastas, baked goods, gelatos, and espressos are endless. It’s basically a mini paradise, here in NYC. It is located in the Flatiron District.

2. Smorgasburg

If you’re a Brooklynite, you know Smorgasburg in-and-out. This place is basically called the Brooklyn Flea Food Market. Over 100 local and regional food vendors sell everything from tacos to macaroons at this foodie haven. It is located in Williamsburg, and also in Prospect Park.

3. Sweet Chick

We all crave that southern comfort food once in a while. NYC’s best rated fried chicken and waffles is available at the Sweet Chick. It satisfies our bellies in style. This cute little treasure is located in the LES.

4. Cafe Habana

If you come to Habana, you order the corn. That’s the drill. Cafe Habana is a Mexican food paradise. After you’ve devoured the famous corn, make sure you settle for the tacos or the cuban sandwiches. This place provides some of the tastiest foods to not only satisfy your need for a snack, but also a full-fledged dinner if required. It is located in Nolita.

5. Egg Shop

Egg Shop has all the elements of a popular weekend brunch venue: a Nolita location, a brightly-appointed space, and a menu largely centered around oozing yolks, avocado, bacon, and bloody marys. If you’re willing to wait for an hour on a Sunday afternoon, let me tell you it’s worth it!

6. Cafe China

If you’re a Sichuan-food fanatic, make sure you pop by Cafe China for at least one meal. While the food might be on the spicier end, the scallion pancakes, tea-smoked duck, and baby black lamb are a must-have. It is located in Midtown, on Madison Ave and E37th street.

7. TAO Downtown

If you’re feeling like treating yourself to a lovely pan-asian meal after scoring well on those midterms, TAO is the place to be. While it could be a little on the steeper side, TAO satisfies your belly like no other restaurant in town. It is located in Chelsea.

8. Serafina

Serafina has always been my go-to restaurant when I’ve been in the mood for pizza or pasta. While it has many locations all over Manhattan, my favorite one is tucked away on the 2nd floor of a cozy building in the Upper East Side. The prosciutto pizzas, creamy chicken soup, and vodka penne are my favorite items on the menu.

9. La Esquina

La Esquina serves some of the best tacos in town. Again, it has a few locations around Brooklyn and Manhattan, but the busiest one seems to be in Nolita. The Quesadilla de pollo, and mexican coca colas can’t be left out. Make sure you also try the Carnitas taco.

10. The Odeon

No, I’m not suggesting The Odeon because of Bright Lights, Big City. I’m asking you to go her because of the world-class steaks. The steak, a New York strip, is of high quality, and the fries are exactly what you’re picturing, skinny and golden and salty in their paper-lined metal cups. Additionally, the moules frites are also a must-have. This famous restaurant is located in TriBeca.

• Shreya Shah