danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Welcome to the Committee Carlyn Robinson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Name: Carlyn Robinson

Degree: English

Year: 3rd Year

Position:  Editor

HC: Hey Carlyn, congrats on getting on the committee!

CR: Thank you!

HC: So, let’s start, do you have any nicknames?

CR: Well… I get called Berg’s but that is only because Carlsberg beer sort of sounds like my name. I don’t really know how it started, it just happened haha. It’s a strange one, but it’s a classic.

HC: I love it! How was your summer? Did you get up to anything cool?

CR: It was really cool, I went to America for 2 months to work in a Summer Camp. It’s great because I got to experience some really cool things, minus the bedbugs haha, and I get to say that I did something this summer which is a plus!

HC: That sounds like such a good summer! Looking to the future now, what is the thing you missed most about University that you can’t wait to go back to?

CR: Well, I really like my degree, so I can’t wait to go back to that. Also, l have missed living in a city, because right now, at home, I live in Timbuktu!

HC: I know how you feel haha. So, what is your history with Her Campus? How did you get into it, and what made you want to be on the committee?

CR: So, I originally joined when I was a nervous first year, but I never went fully. Then, in second year I came with a friend and we just got really into it! I also thought I would join the committee as an editor because I love editing, it looked fun as well!

HC: Do you think that joining Her Campus has helped you in ways outside of university?

CR: Yeah definitely, it has helped me with having more confidence in my own opinions, as well as forming them. Also, I want to do a job that involves writing, so joining Her Campus has meant that I already have a folio of some of my work to show in job interviews etc.

HC: That is great! What articles would you find the most exciting to read, and what do you enjoy writing about?

CR: I like reading controversial topics haha, but not writing them. I like to see other people voice their opinion because it helps expand my perspective on the topic. My favourite topic to write about is probably music, I did an article on queer artists and I really enjoyed that. I hope to write more of them!

HC: I can’t wait to read them! What would you say is your most memorable moment of being a member of Her Campus so far?

CR: My favourite memory at HCAU was the night where we all went to Jade’s (this year’s President) for Galentines and we had a really nice film night. We all ate so much cake haha.

HC: Okay… now time for the quick-fire round! Do you have any party tricks or something that we didn’t know about you?

CR: I am at grade 7 on the piano, so yeah haha that’s something people don’t really know about me.

HC: What is your favourite thing to eat?

CR: Peanut butter! In the past, I would have said Nutella, but I ate wayyy too much in my first year and I cannot go back.

HC: If you were a tree, what tree would you be?

CR: I would be a fir tree because it’s a Christmas tree hahaha

HC: If you had a podcast, what would it be about?

CR: I would either have one on the best places to eat because I like food a lot, or I also really like make up. So, I would also like to do a makeup podcast, although I don’t know what it would involve haha.

HC: Do you have a current obsession?

Meridyth Alderson: Me!

CR: Hahaha, of course, you Meridyth! But in all seriousness, there is this band called Muna, that’s all I have to say, everyone should listen to them.

HC: Great, thank you for answering these questions Carlyn (and Meridyth haha), I can’t wait to see you both at Freshers!

CR: You too!