The Ultimate Fudgiest Brownie Recipe!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

The Ultimate Fudgiest Brownie Recipe!

I found this recipe on Pinterest during a Great British Bake-off-fuelled late night baking spree, and let me tell you, it’s the best thing that will happen to your baking adventures! This brownie is perfectly fudgy and filling but not sickly sweet; perfect for impressing friends and family and, could be used to bribe someone (me definitely). After making this a few times I modified the recipe slightly to fit my taste better, but you can check out the original on Cafe Delites! Best of all? You’ll only use one bowl for mixing and there is no cooking involved!

What you’ll need:

½ cup melted, unsalted butter

1 tbs cooking oil

1 cup granulated sugar (swap for half white and half brown sugar for even fudgier brownies!)

2 large eggs

2 ts vanilla extract

2/3 cup plain flour

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (you can alter the cocoa to flour ratio according to taste as long as all together they add up to 1 cup!)

A pinch of salt

Method:

Preheat the oven to 175°C. Grease your baking pan or line with parchment paper for easier cleanup.

In a bowl, combine melted butter, oil and sugar, whisking well for a minute.

Add the two whole eggs and vanilla and continue beating vigorously until the mixture becomes lighter in colour. Beating the egg in will ensure the crackly top so don’t slack on this step!

Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and carefully fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until everything is combined and there are no dry lumps of flour in the batter. Make sure you don’t overmix, as doing so will make the brownie cake-like in texture.

Pour the batter into the pan. At this point, you can add extra ingredients to top your brownies – try crushed Oreos, frozen berries, marshmallows, chopped nuts, chocolate chips or dried fruit!

Finally, bake your brownies for any time between 20-25 minutes depending on your oven and your texture preference. I like mine in a shallow, bigger pan and around 22-23 minutes – that allows them to completely set in the middle but still have a very fudgy texture! 

Good luck, and make sure to show us if you attempt these brownies!

Photo from cafedelites.com/best-fudgy-cocoa-brownies

Lover of sunsets and coffee, queen of procrastination and a real granny at heart.