Top Five Body Positivity Instagram Accounts You Need to be Following

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

#1 selfloveliv

I first came across Liv through TikTok. She made the most hilarious videos of her experiences working in a popular lingerie and sex toy shop. So, when I discovered that she was on Instagram I was genuinely excited. Posting all things from advice, to more hilarious stories of her life. 

#2 plussizegirlgang

This account is a collaborative effort between eleven plus-size women, focusing on fashion and style designed and curated for the plus-size body. The eleven individual women are all wonderful in their online presence, but combined they provide a safe space to gather fashion tips, lifestyle advice, and good laughs all round. Definitely one to watch! 

#3 Bopopeaches

A major advocate for good mental health for all, but especially those in the body positivity community, Peaches is one of the first people I followed when I started to become involved with the body positivity community on Instagram. She posts snippets of her life as well as reassuring and encouraging reminders to love your body and mind. Get following her ASAP because her positivity will drastically change your feed. 

#4 Danaemercer

Danae is one of the sweetest people on the entirety of Instagram, I have decided. Her discussions around photography hacks that influencers use on their grid are completely eye opening, and a good reminder that you are fine just the way you are to have spread across your feed. Her YouTube channel also contains interesting content regarding health, fitness, and her eating disorder recovery. And she posts her kittens on her stories, so you just have give her a follow. 

#5 awhimsicalrose

Emily Rose is an account for all my mid-size gals! Her grid is the most aesthetically pleasing thing you will ever witness, and her stories are filled with funny stories (from herself and her followers), positivity, and cute clothes. Her open-mindedness is one of my favourite things about her, so for anyone in the need of some aesthetic pictures and kind words about bigger bodies, Emily Rose is your gal. 

Iona Hancock

Aberdeen '22

PGDE Primary 21/22 @ Aberdeen 1st Class Honours in Politics and IR @ Aberdeen