This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

After scouting out some of the most fashionable ladies on campus, it’s about time we checked out some of the effortlessly trendy, Aberdeen boys.

HerCampus found James riding out the exam season in this perfect plaid ensemble. James’ plaid, soft flannel American Apparel shirt teamed with leather lace up boots and some classic black straight leg jeans is comfy, casual and very, very cool! Due to the unreliable weather patterns we are all used to up in Abs, James brought his trusty brown wax jacket (secretly plaid lined) for the windy walk to the stripy glass building of doom…I mean, the library.  James told HC he is honoured to be the first male fashionista featured on herCampus and we are so glad to have him. Although he doesn’t have any fashion rules, James isn’t into anything too preppy or branded. James said that for summery days he would ditch the jacket and boots for some Fred Perry plimsolls and a pint- sounds good to us!

Not only is this outfit a great one on James, it certainly is something our lady readers can take some fashion inspo from.  Lucky for us Scottish lads and lassies, the tartan revival really took off in 2014, with everyone from Cara Delevingne to Kim Kardashian throwing on the plaid.  Although James is wearing a more Aberdeen friendly version, with the summer months on their way, and the possibility of escaping the Granite City for some sun, HerCampus has found some sweet summer alternatives.

If you just fancy a little dash of tartan, this gorgeous Lavish Alice crop top would work well with some high-waisted black skinnies and a denim jacket for the day time or with a pencil skirt and heels to make it that bit more fancy.

If you are feeling a little bolder, this pleated American Apparel tennis skirt comes it all kinds of plaid and is such a great shape for all body types.  For summer you can throw this on with a cropped t-shirt and in winter with some tights and a knitted jumper.  

If you are spending all your pennies on adventures abroad then why not recycle your favourite and perfectly worn in soft flannel shirt from winter. Look no further than this inspired look from Brandy Melville. You can ace the ‘I just threw this over my teeny tiny shorts and slouchy top’ look and rock the tartan, flying the flag wherever you end up this summer!

Images from: www.brandymelville.co.uk, www.americanapparel.co.uk, www.lavishalice.com