toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Killer Clowns are Taking Over!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Killer clowns are roaming the world

There has been a new craze of “killer clowns” roaming the streets, scaring people in their scary clown costumes with bats and knives. The clown craze started in August when children started telling their parents they were seeing scary clowns at the edge of the woods in Greenville, South Carolina. These clowns were trying to lure children into the woods, which was thankfully unsuccessful at the time.

After the South Carolina clowns were reported on the news, the mania started spreading throughout the US as people thought it would be a “funny thing to do”. It spread on the internet like wildfire. The clowns have mostly been there to try scare people, but it is also an escalating phenomenon with clowns actually stabbing and battering innocent people they see on the streets. There have been at least three clown related deaths reported to this date.

The clowns have also started to appear all over the world, now with sighting being made even here in Aberdeen. The “attacks” are mostly aimed at young children. Naturally, this is causing major distress and trauma to these children, and it really has come to the point where this craze needs to end. The clowns have a tendency to show up at schools to scare the young students. There has even been Instagram pages made in which the next “attack school” is posted after X amount of likes.

Police are taking reports of these clown sightings seriously, and all over the world people have been arrested, and fines have been given to try and make people end this mania.

The most distressing part of this whole thing is that it is impossible for anyone to know if the person behind the clown mask is just a teenage prankster, a paedophile or someone who might be violent. So word of advice would be not to dress up as a clown this Halloween – they are highly disrespected at the time, as there has also been reports of “nice clowns” being battered on their way to children’s birthday parties for work etc. So, it might just be better to stay away from that clown mask for the near future and end this craze that should never have even started.

image from: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=killer+clowns&espv=2&biw=1416&bih=659&…