This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Name: Katie 

Previous HC committee position: Treasurer 2017-2018

Degree graduated with: MA Business Management

Now living in: Liverpool

Hey, gal! First of all, what have you been up to since graduating?

Thanks so much for having me back for one final article – I have missed you all! I am currently doing a general management graduate scheme with the NHS. I am based in the North West of England and am currently placed in Liverpool! I’m working in an addiction and mental health trust which has been super interesting so far! It’s a combination juggling a day to day role as well as studying for a postgraduate in Healthcare Leadership – it’s a challenge but I am loving it!

Wow, it sounds like you’re well and truly a proper adult!  What’s been the best and worst thing since leaving university?

Being an adult is hard so my advice would be to enjoy and savour the uni days as much as possible!

The best thing since leaving uni is having financial freedom and independence that comes with a full-time job! This might be a very boring and adult answer but honestly it is so satisfying having that independence and It definitely has made all the years at uni worth it!

100% the worst thing is not seeing all my uni/school friends and family as much as I used to! I definitely took it for granted being surrounded by friends and family on a daily basis so it is a massive adjustment to see them much less! Lots of my friends have been to visit me in Liverpool so it has been really nice to show them around a fun and new city!

You’re always look on point in your Instagram posts, what would you say your best fashion advice?

I never like to overcomplicate what I wear, that might sound silly but honestly, I think less is more! Too many colours and patterns can look overwhelming and messy so I love to stick with mainly monochrome with a splash of colour!

You played such a big part during your time in Her Campus, what would you say you miss about being a part of Her Campus?

I miss so much about it – there really is nothing else like HCAU! I would love nothing more than to be at Vodka Rev with a Pornstar Martini on a Wednesday night with you all again!

Finally, know you can look back on your university experience, is there anything you would have changed about your university experience?

If I could change anything about my time at uni it would be to not take it all so seriously! I think especially in the first couple of years I didn’t need to worry as much about grades etc as I did because really in the grand scheme of things it isn’t as important as it seems at the time. My advice would definitely be to do as much fun stuff with friends and go on as many nights out with friends as you can because that all changes rapidly when adult life starts sadly!

Quick fire Questions:

Tea or Coffee? Neither! Since starting work I probably get asked if I want a cup of tea or coffee several times a day but I really don’t like either! Can’t beat an ice-cold diet coke though!

Heels or flats? Heels, especially for work, but these are kicked off the second I get home!

Fav holiday destination? I’m such a home bird but I loved Mallorca when I went with my friends in the summer!

Biggest fashion investment? Ooooh, would have to be a Mulberry handbag! 

We loved catching up with the lovely Katie! Best of luck with everything in the future, lots of love from the little pink ship xoxo

(all photos are Katie’s own)

KATHERINE PRICE

Aberdeen '19

French and Hispanic Studies @ University of Aberdeen