This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Donald Trump Sexual Assault Allegations

No matter how much you might squirm at his name, Donald Trump is on every newspaper, Talk Show and magazine. He’s a hype and with it being a very special month supporting women and raising awareness of breast cancer, we at HC believe it’s time to address his vulgar, degrading comments about women.

He’s a powerful man, he’s running for presidency and people still see him as a leader? Being President involves being the leader of all people, both men and women. Yet he has had some nasty things to say about women over the years – ‘fat’, ‘sloth’ and ‘pig’ to name a few – but it’s only after a recent video began circulating that more attention was brought to the world. Trump views women as the lesser sex, says he’d date his daughter ( I mean what?!) in a supposedly jokingly manner, and said in an interview in 1990 that his wife didn’t deserve ‘negotiable assets’.

Why is it that in 2016, sexism is still relevant? Countries, bodies and corporations are all claiming publicly that they have enforced greater equality. Even in a recent French game show, a woman pulled away from a man who was trying to kiss her and instead, he then went for her breast! Did he need an ego boost? What, she had the audacity to reject him, so he thought he would show women across France that he can do as he pleases? This sexual harassment is what leads to sexual assault. Hidden trends are occurring and we are just not taking enough notice. In the UK alone there’s a rising trend of freshers being sexually assaulted. Why? Is it because significant figures such as Trump are being found to make similar remarks and other people think it’s acceptable? Sexual assault is never ok, and people as significant as Trump will never realise that, but we, the people, need to show them we will never support it.

Watch the video for yourself to just see exactly how some men are still in the reign of sexism. More fool them.

https://youtu.be/j2j-GBvDpg0  

Image from: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=donald+trump&biw=1366&bih=662&source=l…