This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

With Aberdeen being such a small place for a city, having a new restaurant open is always very exciting! I decided to go and test out Cue BBQ with a few friends and here I am to give you my honest opinion. 

Cue BBQ is located in Alford Lane and it, as the name suggests, is a restaurant that specialises in barbeque food. The first notable part of the restaurant that you find out rather quickly is that they offer the option of ordering different BBQ meats by weight; so you can order different types to make up a whole meal if you’re feeling indecisive.

We decided to go there on a Saturday night, and you could definitely tell that it was a newcomer in town- managing to get a table was actually extremely hard. The earliest booking they had available was at 9.30pm, so we had a very late dinner – very New York of us isn’t it? When we arrived it made more sense though, as the restaurant is a rather small one so the amount of tables is low. It looked very appealing and Southern, and the wait staff were nice upon arrival. First impressions were good!

We ordered our wine and looked through the menu. There was good variety to it and as well as the ordering by weight option, you can also go for more traditional items such as burgers and tacos etc. I opted for the pulled pork meat with a side of fries; but this was when the waiting game started. The wait for the food was rather long and the manner in which the food came was weird to say the least. We were a group of 4 and first two main courses showed up (before the starters!) and then there was a wait of another ten minutes before the food for the other two appeared. The starters and sides showed up very abruptly as well. 

However, the food was extremely tasty, so nothing to complain about there. Overall it was an okay experience but the way the food came in did take it down because it was a constant waiting game of wondering what will show up next! All in all it is a nice cozy restaurant and ought to be one people would go back to if they work on the food timing. That was really the only complaint, so when it comes to the food itself I would highly recommend making a visit! 

Photos all Anette’s own.

.
Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.