This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

My First time in the Clubs of Aberdeen

After being in Aberdeen for a while I decided it was time to venture into Institute. Now, I understood that the floors of nightclubs are generally sticky, but I didn’t realise that I would barely be able to lift my feet from the ground.I was also completely oblivious to the amount of pain heels can cause, I am now aware of this and have the cuts and bruises all over my toes to prove it.Coming from the middle of nowhere I had never been into a proper night club until I came to University in Aberdeen. I was not particularly skilled when it came to fighting my way to the bar, so after a few attempts I decided it was simply too much effort, I  lived on the dance floor for the rest of the night.

As I have a ridiculously cheesy music taste, I was bobbing along in a mosh pit to songs that all sounded the same, until I went to the bathroom and heard the theme tune of ‘Fresh Prince of Bel Air’ calling my name from upstairs and well, then, I was sold. Blink 182, S Club, Journey, it was the dream.

Of course with your trashy music comes your trashy guys. I’m not saying all boys in the club were complete weirdos, however I did have multiple encounters with guys who decided to start a conversation with “you look the type of girl to send dirty snapchats,” or more to the point “come back to mine?” without so much of a hello.

All in all, I’m not really sure why, between the creepy guys, the torn up feet or the squishy mosh pit, but I actually had a really good night. I could get easily used to this city living, student life, just without the budgeting.

Picture from: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=institute+aberdeen&safe=strict&rlz=1C1…