Campus Cutie: Lois Armour!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Name: Lois Elizabeth Margaret Armour.

Age: 21

Hometown: Grantown-on-Spey

Degree: Management with Human Resources. 4th Year Robert Gordon University.

Fun Fact: Lois started playing the piano age eight and has a full size electric piano in her student flat.

This week at HC we caught up with Lois Armour for your dosage of Campus Cutie. Lois is known for her wicked sense of humour and a never-ending supply of good stories.  After meeting in first year she’s my go to girl for cheering up. So we thought you’d like to get to know her too!

HC: Lois isn’t really a common name is it?

Lois: Lecturers are the worst for getting it wrong. They call me Louis, Lewis and Louise. So do the people in Starbucks.

HC: Tell me about some of your favourite things?

Lois: Fruit tea. I’m obsessed! That, alongside my piano and travelling. I travel quite a lot; I go to Austria a couple of times a year.

HC: What exciting things have you done on your travels?

Lois: Well, I once travelled down to London to meet Simon Cowell. I got to chill out with him in his changing room. Rays of Sunshine organised the trip when I was twelve. I got to arrive in a pink limo and meet all the cast of The X Factor. The fans and the press thought we were celebrities arriving until my brother jumped out of the car!

HC: You have always been incredibly busy then! Last year was pretty hectic?

Lois: Yeah, I spent my third year of university on placement with Absafe. I was teaching kids about safety and how to avoid unintentional injury. We tried to show them how they could die in the most exciting way possible.

HC: What was the best bit?

Lois: Running the kids over with the train simulator. One girl got such a fright she fell over in shock. It was ok though, we gave her a lolly.

HC: The children of Aberdeen thank you, Lois! Enjoy your future travels.

4th Year Journalism student studying in Aberdeen.
Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.