Alice in Wonderland Themed Charity Lunch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Aberdeen chapter.

Don’t be late for this very important date!

A fellow group of students in Aberdeen are hosting an Alice in Wonderland themed lunch in aid of Aberlour Scotland’s Children’s Charity, and when Her Campus heard of the event we just couldn’t resist! Alice in Wonderland is one of our favourite story books and combined with plentiful amounts of food what more could anyone want on a Sunday afternoon in Aberdeen?!

The event is being organised by a group of fourth year students from Robert Gordon’s University in part fulfilment of their degree on Events Management. It will be held on Sunday 20th March from 12-4pm in the Aberdeen Douglas Hotel and will include a sparkling reception followed by a two-course lunch with Alice in Wonderland themed cupcakes and tea afterwards. As Lewis Carroll writes, “It’s always tea-time!”

The students have also organised live music and a raffle, meaning this is an afternoon to not miss out on! 

Even more importantly, they are supporting Aberlour Scotland Children’s Charity who aim to give children the best possible start in life. The charity helps to transform the lives of children, young people and families across Scotland by supporting them through challenges such as living with a disability, growing and in care and the impact of drugs and alcohol on families.

The group of students commented on their choice of charity saying, “We loved hearing of the work that Aberlour do in our community, we wanted to hold an event that would raise awareness and celebrate the parents and families who use the services.”

Her Campus definitely won’t be missing out on this wonderful event supporting such a great charity.

Tickets are available for £35 per person or £300 for a table of ten, so get your friends together and get your mad hats on!

Please visit the Facebook page ‘Alice’s Wonderlunch’ for further information and to purchase tickets.

https://www.facebook.com/Alices-WonderLunch-1213544588660606/?fref=ts

I am a fourth year law student studying LLB Hons and about to enter the scary world of work. My passion is gymnastics however I recently suffered an injury putting me out of the sport for 2 years so I've decided to give writing a go. My favourite things are a relaxing playlists, gin and finding a good book.
Laura Rennie is currently a fifth year Diploma in Legal Practice student at the University of Aberdeen. After four years studying in the Granite City she couldn't quite drag herself away from it so decided to stick around for one more year. Previously a features writer and secretary of Her Campus Aberdeen when it was founded, she is now very excited to be captaining the little pink ship this year. She loves cups of tea, fairy lights, musicals, trashy TV and is a blogger and member of Her Campus Blogger Network in her spare time.