If you aren’t reading Her Story, you’re missing out on some of the best articles on Her Campus. Her Story is a space for your stories; these inspiring first-hand accounts create a sisterhood of collegiettes willing to share the lessons they’ve learned and the obstacles they’ve overcome. In the past, we’ve had everything from a collegiette who took back a cheater to an illegal immigrant at an Ivy League school. It’s so important to have this community where we can relate to each other, come to understand beliefs unlike our own, and heighten awareness of any dangers that may come our way.
Every Sunday, we’ll be publishing something you’ve written, but in order to do this, we need you to send in submissions. We want your thoughts, your words, and your experiences to be shared with all of our readers. If you’re worried that your story isn’t significant enough, think again: chances are that if something has impacted you, it will impact our readers, too. We can learn from any experience, big or small, and more importantly, we can learn from each other.
We are currently accepting submissions here.
A few of our guidelines/info:
- Stories should between 800-1200 words, but we’re flexible with this.
- You have the option of remaining anonymous.
- You are free to submit whatever you like as long as it’s a personal narrative—not an assessment of college women in general and not anything that’s meant to convert others to your beliefs.
Stories we’d love to hear about:
- I’ve been in a huge amount of debt (student or credit) – and paid it off
- I had an abortion in college
- I got an STD from a one-night stand
- I’m BFFs with a celebrity
- I fell in love when I was abroad, and my S.O. is getting a K-1 visa to come to the U.S.
We hope you’ll not only read Her Story, but also contribute your story. We’re so looking forward to reading your submissions!
Her Story Editor