Spring break: It’s the one event college students look forward to all year. After being locked away in the classroom doing assignments and projects, you can’t wait to escape the stress of school and embark on an adventure with some of your closest friends!
But first things first: packing. To help you prepare for your upcoming travels (we know you’re eager to get to that tropical destination or volunteer location), we composed the ultimate spring break packing list so you can stress less and focus your attention on having fun, or doing good, in the sun. Check out our list below!
Tip: Get double duty out of your oversized beach bag by using it as your carry-on/personal item for traveling to your spring break destination. Plus, it’ll ensure you have all your important items next to you at all times.
- Ticket(s) (for traveling and any events you’re attending)
- Cell phone
- ID (if you’re staying within the U.S., use your driver’s license, or if you’re traveling abroad, bring your passport!)
- Wallet (keep some cash on you in case you run into any issues with your cards)
- Reusable water bottle (make sure it’s empty if you’re going through airport security!)
- Antibacterial gel
- A bikini and cover-up (in case your luggage gets delayed!)
- Sunscreen (HC Pick: Alba Botanica Hawaiian Coconut Clear Spray SPF 50)
- A sunscreen that has the moisturizing benefits of a lotion (HC Pick: Alba Botanica Hawaiian Green Tea Lotion SPF 45)
- Shampoo, conditioner, and soap
- Dry shampoo
- Face wash
- Pimple patches (because no one has time for pimples on vacay!) (HC Pick: Alba Botanica Acnedote Pimple Patches)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Razor and shaving cream
- Hairstyling tools (i.e. hairdryer and curling iron for those beach waves)
- Hair ties
- Face masks (for those relaxation days)
- A mini first aid kit
- Feminine hygiene products
Tip: Get more out of your vacay wardrobe by sticking to a color scheme so you can mix and match different pieces.
- 3 to 5 swimsuits
- 3 tank tops and/or tees
- 3 going-out tops
- Sweatshirt or sweater
- 2 going-out bottoms
- 2 pairs of shorts
- Your favorite pair of jeans
- 2 to 3 cover-ups or casual dresses to throw on over your swimsuit
- 1 nicer dress for going out
- Sneakers and socks
- Underwear and bras (at least one set for every day you’re there, plus 1 to 2 extra)
- Basic, cheap jewelry you can wear with multiple outfits
- 1 cross-body bag for going out
- Beach towel
- Disposable camera (so you don’t have to worry about your phone or nice camera getting sandy or wet!)
- Chargers (get a cheap portable phone charger for long days at the beach or while you’re en route)
- A good beach read
- Beach hat large enough to shield you from the sun
- Koozies (May you always have a cool—and cute!—drink in your hand)
- Mini emergency/first aid kit
- Zip-lock bag or waterproof pouch for your wet swimsuit
Check off all the items on this list and you’ll be sure to have the best. spring. break. ever. Happy vacay!
This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% our own.