1. You’ve always wondered what snow days were like…
2. …but hurricane days don’t faze you.
3. Even if you weren’t alive at the time, you can tell anyone what happened during Hurricane Andrew.
4. Flip-flops are your go-to footwear.
5. You go to the beach during winter break.
6. Publix subs are your lunch of choice.
7. You’ve had a class field trip to the Everglades.
8. You break out your Uggs and your winter coat in 60-degree weather.
9. You can comfortably wear boots and flip-flops in the same day.
10. You will always root for the Dolphins and the Marlins, no matter how bad they are…
11. …so you are especially grateful the Heat can salvage the reputation of Miami athletics.
12. You don’t have to worry about rain canceling your plans because you know it never rains for more than 15 minutes at a time.
13. You have never built a snowman, but nobody can touch your sandcastle-making skills.
14. The Miami Seaquarium jingle is always stuck in your head.
15. You had annual passes to Walt Disney World at some point in your life…
16. …and you have pictures with all of the characters.
17. You drive with the sunroof open or the top down 365 days a year.
18. You have always wanted a basement.
19. You have more bathing suits than sweatshirts.
20. Your winter has never lasted longer than a month.
21. You were basically required to learn Spanish in order to get around.
22. You went to Santa’s Enchanted Forest every Christmas season.
23. You’ve taken a picture at Jaxson’s Ice Cream Parlour.
24. You are used to the weird and crazy headlines Florida creates.
25. Oranges are your go-to fruit.
26. You have been to bar and bat mitzvahs that were more elaborate than some weddings.
27. You learned to swim before you could walk.
28. You know you can always call paradise your home.